Question on prefilter

Fahn

I did a search on the forum for this topic and didn't find anything. May have just missed it. It seems all the prefilter questions have been regarding everything after the "where" in the syntax. Here is my question. If i want to only return specific fields when creating a new table off an existing table how would I do that. It doesn't seem to respond to mysql syntax. Here's an example.
Select last_name, first_name, phone_number, address from employee_info where status = 'active'

After the "where" part is pretty straightforward it's the first part that I'm not getting.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jim

This no matter of prefilter (the prefilter will filter records but won't change table/element structure)

Are you using fabrik3 or fabrik2?

Add your list/table, link it to the existing database table, this will create one element for every database column.
Now you can unpublish or delete fabrik elements you don't need (don't delete database columns)

If you only want to hide the elements in list/table view set "show in list/table view"=no.

Ah ok so the "Prefilter Query" box must not be used for what I thought. By default the query that happens must be set to select all. The biggest issue I had here was in a certain field causing view issues. One of my fields is a Binary Large Object type that stores images. When you view the table it spouts off the associated characters instead of the image which causes that field to basically overrun everything. Your "show in list" trick might just do it.

Thanks,
Jim

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back