1. Hugh is now back at work, more or less full time, after a slower than expected recovery from his neck surgery early this month. Obviously we have a backlog of support to clear, and are working as hard as we can to take care of it. If you have an unanswered thread more than 3 days old, please post one (and only one) "bump" on it, to move it in to our "last 3 days" list. If you have an unanswered issue in a forum you no longer have access to due to subscriptions timing out, please use the Contact Us form, and provide us with the URL to the thread.

Radio Button Bug? in IE

Discussion in 'Community' started by jwwicks, Jul 8, 2010.

1. jwwicks New Member

Level: Community
    [Solved] Radio Button Bug? in IE

Hello All,

I'm creating a form the Sacramento Sierra Chapter of the Red Cross for their Hometown Heroes luncheon. I have this weird bug in IE that seems to be related to how Fabrik set up labels for radio buttons.
    Code (text):

[COLOR=#0000ff]<[/COLOR][COLOR=#800000]label[/COLOR][COLOR=#0000ff]>[/COLOR][COLOR=#0000ff]<[/COLOR][COLOR=#800000]input [/COLOR][COLOR=#ff0000]class[/COLOR][COLOR=#0000ff]='fabrikinput' [/COLOR][COLOR=#ff0000]type[/COLOR][COLOR=#0000ff]="radio" [/COLOR][COLOR=#ff0000]name[/COLOR][COLOR=#0000ff]="fbk_hometown_heros_registration___payment_type[]" [/COLOR][COLOR=#ff0000]value[/COLOR][COLOR=#0000ff]="credit-card"  />[/COLOR][COLOR=#0000ff]<[/COLOR][COLOR=#800000]span[/COLOR][COLOR=#0000ff]>[/COLOR]Credit Card (complete information below)[COLOR=#0000ff]</[/COLOR][COLOR=#800000]span[/COLOR][COLOR=#0000ff]>[/COLOR][COLOR=#0000ff]</[/COLOR][COLOR=#800000]label[/COLOR][COLOR=#0000ff]>[/COLOR]

I fixed some previous issues with a function for the form but in Internet Explorer 8 the hide/show functionality only works if you click the text not the radio button itself.

Here's the form on SacSierra. On the third page if you try to change the payment type to "Credit Card" by clicking the radio button nothing happens. If you click the label two times, not double click, the other fields get exposed. In FireFox this doesn't appear to be a problem. Single clicking gets some really bizarre behavior in IE.

Is it the wrapped label element? The missing for attribute? Anyone else experienced this...

I'm using XP for testing with IE8/IE7 and Fabrik RC5

Thanks,
    Jw

PS - It's not a conflict between any elements on the live site. I have a pristine development site with a brand spanking new j1.5.18 and only fabrik rc5 installed with the same result using the default milkyway template.

PSS - [Solved] Changed the action from Change to Click. Bug noted here.