Radius search Geocode option

*Friendly bump* It looked like you made some changes so I updated from GitHub. However, it behaves the same.

*friendly bump* Are you planning on getting this working for F3 or do I need to wait till I move to 3.1?

Which bit isn't working for you?

Last time I checked on my test list for this stuff, it all seemed to be working.

Of course, we might have broken it since then.

-- hugh

Post #18
I did a quick test on my local machine. The map now shows up fine in the separate window using Chrome. However, I still wasn't able to get any filter results in my list using either the geocode or place options. The map marker would shift appropriately when I clicked the search button in geocode but my results would not filter. The place option autocomplete would think but never find a match so it was not useful.

Post #19
OK, more info. Clearing the cache didn't make any difference. I didn't see any errors on the page. It looks like when you use place autocomplete, the options are showing up behind the window. It isn't clear what you are supposed to do when you make a selection though there or in the geocode. Is there a "Go" button missing?

Post #20
Here is a link where you can view the behavior: http://www.mypoolstats.com/player-ratings

I have also tested in IE.

Are you planning on getting this working for F3 or do I need to wait till I move to 3.1?
we plan to ensure that it works in 3.0 and 3.1
The map marker would shift appropriately when I clicked the search button in geocode but my results would not filter
I tested for me this works. Its hard to tell you more unless I see the site, but you said your testing locally so I'm stuck here for what to suggest
The place option autocomplete would think but never find a match so it was not useful.
I saw that it found results but that they appeared behind the pop up window (not very clever of us!).... ah I see you posted that later on as well :)

Plus the query wasn't working right for places so it would not return any results - that's been fixed now

. Is there a "Go" button missing
The idea was use the main filter 'go' button, but I agree that's not clear, an additional 'go' button has been added to the radius search filter window.

Thank you for working on this Rob! :D It functions SO much better now but there are still a few things yet as described below.

Attached are my settings and here is a list that illustrates the following issues: http://www.mypoolstats.com/locations

1. (major) When the Radius Search plugin is published, the "Go" button in the List filter does not work. So here, if you make a selection in the dropdown in the list filter, you cannot click the "Go" button. I also tried the default template (I use a custom horizontal filter) but it still didn't work.

2. (major) The Place element search does not filter the list as expected. So here, open the Radius Search, select "Pitchers Pub" as the name, and leave Radius Distance at 0, and click "Go". You should only get one result in the filtered list. The "Total" field at the bottom of the list shows 1, however non-filtered records are shown. The number of unfiltered records shown depends on what you have chosen to display per page in the list.

3. (minor) The list's "Clear Filters" button does not clear the entries in the Radius Search. To clarify, it does clear the applied list filtering, but if you have a previous radius search then you will still see those entries when you open the radius search dialog again.

Attachments

• radius search.jpg
    radius search.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 261
hi

When the Radius Search plugin is published, the "Go" button in the List filter does not work. So here, if you make a selection in the dropdown in the list filter, you cannot click the "Go" button. I also tried the default template (I use a custom horizontal filter) but it still didn't work.
should be fixed now, can you update to test if it works for you please?

The Place element search does not filter the list as expected. So here, open the Radius Search, select "Pitchers Pub" as the name, and leave Radius Distance at 0, and click "Go". You should only get one result in the filtered list. The "Total" field at the bottom of the list shows 1, however non-filtered records are shown. The number of unfiltered records shown depends on what you have chosen to display per page in the list.
I can't replicate that one on my local test site. Could you re-test after the update?

(minor) The list's "Clear Filters" button does not clear the entries in the Radius Search. To clarify, it does clear the applied list filtering, but if you have a previous radius search then you will still see those entries when you open the radius search dialog again.
Ah yes, we weren't injecting the radius search form's field back into the list's form before submitting, this is fixed so clear filters should now set the radius search to inactive.

When the Radius Search plugin is published, the "Go" button in the List filter does not work. So here, if you make a selection in the dropdown in the list filter, you cannot click the "Go" button.

Fix confirmed!

The Place element search does not filter the list as expected. So here, open the Radius Search, select "Pitchers Pub" as the name, and leave Radius Distance at 0, and click "Go". You should only get one result in the filtered list. The "Total" field at the bottom of the list shows 1, however non-filtered records are shown. The number of unfiltered records shown depends on what you have chosen to display per page in the list.

This is still an issue but I'm not sure how to proceed if you can't replicate locally.

The list's "Clear Filters" button does not clear the entries in the Radius Search. To clarify, it does clear the applied list filtering, but if you have a previous radius search then you will still see those entries when you open the radius search dialog again.

I can confirm the clear filters now sets the radius search to inactive. However, I was just looking to clear the search criteria. My radius search setting is for this to remain active to save users the extra mouse click of activating the plugin after they have already indicated they want to use it by clicking the search button in the filter. Not sure if you can clear the criteria rather than deactivating? It seems that would make more sense from a UI standpoint IMHO.

My radius search setting is for this to remain active to save users the extra mouse click of activating the plugin after they have already indicated they want to use it by clicking the search button in the filter. Not sure if you can clear the criteria rather than deactivating? It seems that would make more sense from a UI standpoint IMHO.

Unfortunately clearing the search criteria but leaving it active will mean that the filter is still applied and probably zero results returned.

Unfortunately clearing the search criteria but leaving it active will mean that the filter is still applied and probably zero results returned.
OK, it is certainly functional this way.

(major) The Place element search does not filter the list as expected. So here, http://www.mypoolstats.com/locations, open the Radius Search, select "Pitchers Pub" as the name, and leave Radius Distance at 0, and click "Go". You should only get one result in the filtered list. The "Total" field at the bottom of the list shows 1, however non-filtered records are shown. The number of unfiltered records shown depends on what you have chosen to display per page in the list.
This is the last remaining issue then. You said you weren't able to replicate locally and I assume you noted the behavior on my site. Do you have any suggestions for troubleshooting?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back