Radius search

You don't need mediaqueries, overriding the fix 500px width with max-width:100% is working fine on my Samsung

The reason I'd like to use media queries is that we don't need to nail the popup to the left of the window, and decrease the map width, if it's on a normal screen.

I'm playing around with a basic setup at the moment, that applies your changes and chops the map width down from 400px to 300px if the max-width is <500px.

At some point we should probably look at having a set of template CSS files, with overrides for a better selection of common device sizes. That would make it much easier to handle stuff like this, just being able to toss specific overrides into the appropriate file (like template_640_css.php or whatever).

-- hugh

@Hugh:
yes, mediaqueries are more flexible (I did the "quick and dirty" way)
not sure why you need a "template_640_css.php", you could add a medieaquery inside the standard template_css.php

BTW: The top of the popup shouldn't be at site top but at window top (https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/issues/1508)

joit: add some height:560px!important (or auto!important)
I think the window is truncated at the bottom (the resize handle is missing)

Hi troester, I'm not sure where in this code I should paste the height

/*radius search responsive*/
.fabrikWindow.modal {max-width:100%!important;left:0!important}
.fabrikWindow.modal .contentWrapper {max-width:100%!important;}
.fabrikWindow .radius_search table.radius_table {table-layout:fixed;max-width:100%}
.fabrikWindow .radius_search table.radius_table td:first-child {width:70px;}

can you please insert it?

Thanks, but there is still a problem with the position of the popup. If you scroll down a little in the list to reach the "search" button, the popup is positioned at the top of the list instead on top of the screen. So the popup should be positioned relative to the screen.

BTW this shuld now also work in conjunction with the 'Y Offset' option on the radius plugin settings, so if you set that to (say) 20, the window should always open 20px down from the top of the view port.

-- hugh

Great work!!! I can confirm that the layout is much better now. There is just a little too less space for "OK" and "Cancel" buttons if the radius search is set to geocode (please see pic). I tested on Chrome and IE.
"Reset filters" works now and "My Location", too!!! Thanks for that.
What do you think about the other issues from my first post, especially my biggest concern (multiple radius searches)?

3. it would be great to choose the default method of radius search (Geocode / My Location, ...)
4. If there are 2 radius search plugins enabled, only the second works reliably
5. When Typing in the Geocode field, I often get the error "Geocode was not successful for the following reason: ZERO_RESULTS". Reason could be "Geocode as you type" but this error doesn't come up that often with the googlemap plugin. The Message is very cryptical for the end user and isn't translated. What could be done about this?

Attachments

• radius_geocode.png
    radius_geocode.png
    406.4 KB · Views: 242
I can do the default method, that's a quick fix.

As I said before, the multiple plugin thing will have to be funded, and without putting in a few hours work on it, I can't give an accurate estimate. So that's a kind of chicken and egg thing.

Currently no idea on the geocoding. I can't replicate it. I'll keep trying to provoke that error, once I can get it to fail like that, I can debug it.

-- hugh

About the default method: Whenever the site needs to check the users location, the browser throws a warning message. If the default method is not "my location" it would be nice that the warning message only shows whenever the user switches the method to "my location". Is this possible?
Can you please make a rough estimation for mutliple radius searches?
About the Geocoding. Please try this the place "Geiselgasteig". It's no problem in googlemap plugin's "geocode as you type" but a big problem in radius searches' "geocode as you type".

I just added setting the default search option, let me know if that works.

Looking at the 'users location' thing now.

-- hugh

Great, default option works like a charm!
But although I set Geocode as default, the browser asks for location rights whenever the form is loaded. Could this be changed to only ask for permission if search option is set to "my location"?

Too bad my location is broken again, I think you had it working before!

Doesn't look like the code has ever worked like that, it runs the location init on page load. I could probably do some refactoring so it behaves the way you want, but I can't guarrantee it'll work. I'll give it a go when I have a little time.

I still can't get the "geocode as you type" to misbehave, I suspect it has something to do with network latency. I have a super fast connection. I'll test it next time I'm at Starbucks. :)

As for the multiple plugins ... as I've tried to explain, I can't even give a rough estimate. Last time we thought it would be a couple of hours, it took something like 50, and we wound up doing it for about $1.20 an hour. So I really, *really* don't want to commit to any kind of estimate again! Been there, done that, got horribly burned. The best I can do is ... you make me an offer. Say 2 hours of work. I'll start work on it, and either that'll get it done, or I'll have a much clearer idea of how long it's going to take.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back