Random Bugs with form posts, edits, 403 error pages and search/filters stuck - SOLVED (Kind of)

jasmin

(Latest Joomla & Fabrik versions)

I have users register everyday.

Yet, many have a problem with registrations - clicking save at the end and nothing happens, not sent, no confirmation or success message.

I then tried it myself on Firefox where I have been developing and had no problems, and now I could also confirm the bug, not saving/posting. Yet some people are succeeding everyday.

Registered members can then fill in more forms. Some problem there, some succeed, for some nothing posts.

I myself experienced it too... I was changing someones posted data and clicking save nothing seemed to happen, however it was changed in the database. Very confusing.

403 or 404 page error. Suddenly, changing pages OR filling in a form might give a 403 or a 404 error page, sometimes. Seems totally random too.

Searching / filtering bugs

When searching the user list it works, like the general search field. But when I empty it and hit enter it goes in to eternal search mode. Must be interrupted by reloading the page. This might solve it or not. Might need to clear all filters, and then reload the page and it might then show all members list again.

I have 3 languages incl English. Some members say it works better in English. On the other hand some had problems with the original language registrations.

I use RegularLabs / ReReplacer to dynamically change the text displayed in forms to other languages, so that I dont have to create new fabrik forms in for different languages. Don't know if this is the best solutions. Does anyone have a smart idea about fabrik forms in different languages?

It all feels very buggy.

I have asked some members which browser they used, many said Google Chrome, so I suspected Fabrik has a problem with Chrome. On the other hand i too had problem sometimes in Firefox. It all seem so random.

All of this gives a poor user experience, that I am very sad about. Is Fabrik really this buggy?

Does anybody understand any of this and have a solution for a stable operation and user experience?

Last edited:
I don't think Fabrik is the reason, nobody else is reporting something similar.

Check your browser console for JS errors and for errors/warnings/notices in the network response.
Test without ReReplacer. Fabrik relys on original JS and DOM structures, maybe the replace breaks something.

Multilanguage: you can use langeuage strings for all Fabrik list/form/group/element labels, messages etc . Use Joomla's override or http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/make-fabrik-multilingual-with-fabrik-itself/

STILL FORM POSTING PROBLEM AFTER CLEANING OUT ALL OTHER SCRIPTS.

I fixed the 404 error page. It was a form routing to link that didn't excist.

However, a problem percists with random success and failures registering on pc or mobile.

Sometimes the submit button has this spinning wheel, sometimes not.

Sometimes it leads to submitting / posting, sometimes it doesn't post.

I have removed both SP page builder template design and ReReplacer of language and testet purely on english original language.

I have the hosting company normalize directories and files permissions etc.

This isolates it down to being random behavior in Fabrik, it seems to me.

Had this been a core joomla registration, I doubt there would be any problems with the forms and posting.

With this much cleaning up and isolation, does this give a better chance of understanding the form / posting problem?

There's only fabrik and joomla left here.

PROBLEM WITH FABRIK FORMS WAS JOOMLA CACHE - SOLVED! (Probably)

Before turning off all joomla cache, there was total random results with Fabrik Form Posting.

Clicking the save button could once validate the form, and then many times not validate anything. Same on different devices and browsers. Clients complaining from all over the world, losing 1000nds of clients last weeks, very sad.

Now I turned off joomla cache, and suddenly clicking Save on any device or browser, would validate the form EVERYTIME. Many times.

No member registered in the last minutes so I'm not 100% convinced yet, but it DOES seem like cache is a problem with Fabrik.

Can anyone confirm this problem?

And then, how can we use cache successfully with Fabrik?

Can anyone confirm this problem?
Nothing similar is reported.
I then tried it myself on Firefox where I have been developing and had no problems
There was no change in Fabrik (3.9.2 is from June2020) so what did you change else.

Check your browser console for JS errors and for errors/warnings/notices in the network response.
You didn't report any.

You can disable caching in list settings/Advanced.

You must not put Fabrik JS or CSS files into 3rd party compression tools (if you have any).

Your post about deactivating cache in list/forms was helpful. Did you remove that post? Why?

It was helpful, since I can then probably again turn on joomla cache, but without having it on the forms.

Also useful about not using 3rd party compression of JS & CSS.

At the moment things look good, and save form finally consistently functions. :)

I am also having issues with Fabrik and the Chrome browser. Specifically, users cannot submit the form. Could be related to the required fields (nonempty validation). Joomla 3.10.6 and Fabrik 3.10.

I am also having issues with Fabrik and the Chrome browser. Specifically, users cannot submit the form. Could be related to the required fields (nonempty validation). Joomla 3.10.6 and Fabrik 3.10.
This thread is more than a year old (and few things have changed since), and your issues may be unrelated to it if you followed the advice given here but they didn't solve your problem.

So, you may want to start a new thread (in the correct forum) after more due diligence/debugging at your end, such as turning off caching and optimisers, checking custom code, checking for JS errors, narrowing down potential culprits by disabling stuff one by one such as plugins, validations, etc.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back