• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Re-Send Reciept

Hmmmmm. Not that I can think of. But it wouldn't be too hard for us to add as a feature.

What version are you using? We're more likely to add new features to 2.0 than 1.x.

-- hugh

Version 1.0.5.2

Is there a EASY way to migrate to a new version with the 're-send' reciept feature?

Thanks,
-- Nilay

Updating to 1.0.6 would be easy - just copy up the patch files.

Updating to 2 isn't yet currently possible, we will work on a migration tool for when we start releasing release candidates.

However, seeing as the feature doesn't yet exists, upgrading won't help you in any case :eek:

I'm not sure exactly how you would like this feature to work, and why it would be useful? Could you develop your idea further so we can consider if and how to implement it?

thx
Rob

I can see it being useful if (for instance) the user made a spollong mistook in their email when they filled out the form. Or the initial mail didn't go through (for instance if using the PHP mail function and the recipient's mail server happens to be down at the time). Or the recipient lost it and wants another copy for their records.

The only way I can think of doing this in F! as-is, is to set the 'send email when editing record' to Yes. If you want to resend an email, just edit and save the record. I *think* this resends the receipt, although it may only resend the email-to copy.

An "easy button" would be relatively straightforward to add to Fabrik 2.0 by writing a table plugin, to add a "Resend" link to each row on a table. But in 1.x, this would pretty much require us to add the feature in the core code. Which is not that likely to happen, as we're really trying to "feature freeze" 1.x, so we can concentrate on getting 2.0 out.

-- hugh

yeah but its just the receipt - its only the user who submitted the form who will get it - so if their email servers down that's their fault and if they can't spell (heaven forbid!) then resending the receipt won't really help either!

Hardly their fault if the ISP happens to be rebooting the mail server at the time.

But no biggie. Assuming 'email on edit' is set, the admin can just edit and save the record.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back