• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Read userid from field

jesperlowe

5 Years ago i made a site for a car club i was involved in.
On the site was a "my car" list where i made a simple list with users/cars and pictures of the car.
Recently the sita was hacked and destroyed, i managed to recover the mycar database from mysql, and now have the list and cars working, with images.

I have one field that wont "work"

Initially i had 2 fields pointing to the userid and userid/name, the userid field shows the userid from joomla but the username field is empty.

Can i get the username field to update from the userid without having to manually edit all records.

So was the 'username' field a text field with the actual username, or a user element (with the numeric user id) which held the ID but showed the name?

Are the values form that field entirely missing, or is it just not displaying what you would expect?

-- hugh

The Username field was the users name (John Doe) in text which i picked up when it was created and the Userid was their number (47) that was used to allow who could edit the "row"

The value in Userid is there (47) but the username (John Doe) displays and empty field.

Assuming the userid is their Joomla user ID, you can set the name in your table by running this query manually in phpMyAdmin (or whatever you use):

UPDATE yourtable LEFT JOIN xxx_users ON xxx_users.id = yourtable.userid SET yourtable.username = xxx_users.username

Obviously change the table names and the field names on yourtable to suit.

And obviously, back up your database before trying anything, in case you get it horribly wrong.

-- hugh

BTW ... have you upgraded J! and Fabrik to latest versions? If your site is still running versions from 5 years ago, most likely you'll get hacked again.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back