1. NOTICE: If you are using Fabrik and update to Joomla 3.10, you will need to update to Fabrik 3.10. And, if you are using Fabrik, do not upgrade to Joomla 4, we do not have a supported version ready for release. More information on a release date coming soon. Also, please note that Fabrik 3.10 will not install on any Joomla sites less than 3.8.
    Dismiss Notice

Redirect and End of form submission

Discussion in 'Community' started by mirceat, Aug 25, 2010.

1. mirceat

mirceat Member

Level: Community
    Hello,

Following this thread (http://fabrikar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17403) i'm able to generate a pdf file using Run PHP plugin and "End of submission form" option.

My problem is that user is not redirect to table after press submit. I try to add an redirect plugin but it doesn't work, user remain in form.

Can i redirect user back to table and also download pdf file?

Thank you

2. mirceat

mirceat Member

so, it's not possible?

3. mirceat

mirceat Member

Unfortunately, i have to ask again about the possibility to redirect user to table after press submit and generate a pdf file. It is possible? The biggest problem is that if i don't redirect user to table and he press Submit again, he will duplicate same information.

4. peamak

peamak Moderator

Please, do not ask for help by PM. You're lucky I even saw it ;)

Did you try genberating your PDF "onBeforeCalculations" and then using the redirect plugin?

Otherwise you could redirect yourself in your PHP file that generates the PDF. At the end of your script put something like
    PHP:

$app =& JFactory::getApplication();
    $app->redirect('index.php?etc....URL_to_your_table');

5. mirceat

mirceat Member

Sorry about that and thank you

Unfortunately, i tried both options and it doesn't work; i put your code after and before exit; before exit; it redirect me to table but it doesn't generate pdf file -same for redirect in form; after exit; it generate pdf file but doesn't redirect to table

Should i add this code anywhere else in page?

This is the code i use:

6. migsby

migsby New Member

Level: Standard
    is that the exact code you used? I dont think you want the

exit;
    ?>

in there. The app will stop at exit; and RunPHP does not want ?>

7. mirceat

mirceat Member

I removed the exit;?> part but then i was unable to generate pdf file

Can you please post your final lines of code? I don't know what i'm doing wrong

8. mirceat

mirceat Member

Any other ideas, please?