Registration Form

bespokeappstt

Hubstaff freelancer
Can I create a user registration form using Fabrik instead of Joomla's default user registration? So I'll get the same functionality with the email to an administrator alerting that a new user want to register and under User Management I'll see a new user added and all I have to do is activate the account? So everything is joomla except the Front End, how the Front End looks is all Fabrik?

Create a Fabrik list with all elements you need for Joomla registration (i.e. the ones you have to map in the jUser plugin) + any additional elements you want to use (e.g. address information...)
Especially:
If you want to edit/update the Joomla user information if editing your list entries (I can't imagine a meaningful situation where you don't want to) it's required to have

User ID field - to hold the Joomla userID: this may be a simple field (e.g. if it's hidden) or a dbjoin to #__users; DON'T use a "user" element
User group field: has to be a usergroups element if you want to support the Joomla standard with multiple groups. Any a other element type will only support one group per user.

So I create a list and add all the elements I need including accommadation for the user id field. Then I go to forms>Plugins and I'll be able to add the plugin from there? I've already installed the zip file.

With regards to your comment

User group field: has to be a usergroups element if you want to support the Joomla standard with multiple groups. Any a other element type will only support one group per user.

I only want one user group. Registered User, nothing else. So I guess this means I can leave the 'User group field' blank?

Things are looking quite good. Quick question on the password. Joomla's default password section has the field twice as do most registration forms on the Internet. Do I have to put two password field elements and use JavaScript to check that both entries are the same or is there an easier setup for this?

So just add another password element and I guess I can name is 'Confirm Password'? And Fabrik automatically checks both elements to ensure the password is the same?

No, just one element of type=password.
It will show the additional confirmation field + the password strength (if you don't disable this setting).

Did you add an element with "Plug-in" = password? (Not an element "Plugin"=field and Input type = password)
Maybe you have to install this plugin, it's not part of the Fabrik core installation.

Okay. The password thing is now showing as it should. What about the email functionality? Joomla's default registration form will send an email to the default admin email address. Will the same thing happen here or do I have to add email plugin functionality?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back