Registration Form

Jump:Seems it's again your Joomla template which doesn't display the strength progress bar. You can disable this option in the element settings.
Error: no idea "More information about this error may be available in the server error log."

Don't add a validation to the password element.

This is what the logs had. I thought it had something to do with the mappings but they are all good. So I don't understand what's going on. here is what the logs said:
Code:
PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method PlgFabrik_FormJUser::getFieldValue() in /hermes/bosnaweb16a/b829/sl.caribbeanjobskillsco/plugins/fabrik_form/juser/juser.php

Am I correct to think that this is not a mapping error? Looks like it's either a bug or a mapping error on my part. One or the other.

Looks like you may have some mismatched file versions. That function, getFieldValue(), was moved from the juser plugin code to the core form-plugin.php model bac in Feb ...

https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/commit/4366f398ba8c96f91e1e85673822032aff1e9255

... so it looks like you have installed a version of the juser plugin which is more recent than your core code.

Is your J! extension manager showing updates available for Fabrik and it's plugins?

If so ... BACK YOUR SITE UP (if you don't already use Akeeba backup, install it and use it), then select all Fabrik related rows in the extension manager and update.

-- hugh

Could I equally try downloading an older version of juser and install that instead? Or does the older version have issues?

Always best to move forward. Which version did you originally install?

And have you ever done a github update?

-- hugh

That's why I said do an Akeeba backup. :)

Then if anything does break, it's a 5 minute job to restore.

It's always best to run the latest release, as we can't really support previous releases, and there's been a lot of issues fixed since 3.4.2 in 3.4.3.

-- hugh

I went to github and manually copied files and uploaded via FTP. I don't know how to github from Joomla.

You can't do a github update from J!.

I'm thinking you can't have done a github update since Feb 9th, otherwise you'd have that change the latest juser relies on.

So my suggestion is do that Akeeba backup, then just update everything to 3.4.3 via the J! extension manager.

-- hugh

What about downloading the latest version of Fabrik and installing it? Will that work instead of all these updates one by one to install?

You have to update everything, you can't mix and match versions. And downloading and installing everything by hand achieves exactly the same thing as doing it via the extension manager, the only difference is the ZIP's get downloaded directly from our server to yours. And either way you REALLY REALLY REALLY should do an Akeeba backup.

I know it can be daunting, but I've done this literally thousands of times, and only seen things go pear shaped a small handful of times. And that's what the backup is for.

-- hugh

OK. Akeeba is pretty much a must have for any J! site, so that's time we'll spent.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Okay I'm back. Renewed my support license with Fabrikar and took out support license for Akeeba. So I installed the Akeeba Pro. I also went ahead and installed all the updates for Farbrikar in my joomla update manager. Nothing appeared to break and things look great. Now it's time for the questions. By and large things went well with the registration. The registration page worked, the user received an email and the designated Joomla email received notification on the new user registration whose account is awaiting activation.

First problem is with the re-direct page having filled out the Registration Page. Why did the form redirect to the Job Applicant form? Screenshot attached.(afterFillingoutForm.png)

Second Problem is with the user email. An email confirmation link was sent to the user and this link re-directed to the default Joomla Registration Page and not the registration page I built with Fabrikar. Screenshot attached.(confirmationLink.png)

For the first problem, I guess this can be solved by installing a form re-direct plugin and customize whatever message I want there. Let me know if my thinking is correct.

For the second problem I have no idea how to either stop it or have the link confirm the email by re-directing to the Registration page I build using Fabrik.

Attachments

• afterFillingoutForm.png
    afterFillingoutForm.png
    484.5 KB · Views: 206
  • confirmationLink.png
    confirmationLink.png
    374.8 KB · Views: 270
Okay so the email plugin worked fine and the only thing that's not right here is the user email that's dispatched with the confirmation link. After successfully filling out the registration form, the user is sent a confirmation link that they have to click on or paste into the browser. This link is taking them back to the Joomla Default registration page(un-desirable) but there is a message to the top of it saying that the email has been confirmed. How can I remove the Joomla Default Registration page part so that it won't show or better yet, my customized registration page should show or just the message saying that the email is now confirmed.

Showing a registration page may confuse the users.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back