1. Hugh (cheesegrits) here. Thank you for all the good wishes. My back surgery was a success, post-op recovery is going well, and I'm getting stronger and feeling better every day. I hope to be getting back in the saddle and working support again over the next few days.
  2. IMPORTANT NOTE - we have made some changes in our github branch naming. The 'master' branch no longer exists, and is now called 'joomla25' (which is Fabrik 3.0). The 'joomla3' branch (which is Fabrik 3.2) remains unchanged. We have also removed all the other testing branches which had accuulated over the last few years. I have posted a thread in the Community forum for 3.0 with some more information, feel free to as questions there.

Renamed internal ID and now get table error

Discussion in 'Standard Support' started by JDub2300, Jun 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JDub2300 New Member

Level: Standard
    I am working on a form. I changed the name of some "fabrik_internal_ID" elements to names like "Medical_fabrik_interal_ID". I also changed the "Show in table" options for some elements in the same groups to "No".

Now when I try to "view data" for that form, I get a page of errors and no data. Here is the first part of the error message:

Code (text):
    getData: Unknown column 'Class_Registrants.Medical_fabrik_internal_id' in 'field list' SQL=SELECT DISTINCT `Class_Registrants`.`ClassRegistrants_fabrik_internal_id` AS `Class_Registrants___ClassRegistrants_fabrik_internal_id`
    I tried to revert the id's to their original names, "fabrik_internal_ID", but Fabrik will not allow me to use the same name for multiple elements!

I also tried to "update database" on the form and got this error:

Code (text):
    amend table: Incorrect table definition; there can be only one auto column and it must be defined as a key SQL=ALTER TABLE `Class_Registrants` ADD COLUMN `medical_fabrik_internal_id` INT(6) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT null AFTER `text_blank_line_9`
    Then I tried to change some settings in medical_fabrik_internal_id and received the error:

Code (text):
    500 - An error has occurred
    alter structure: Incorrect table definition; there can be only one auto column and it must be defined as a key SQL=ALTER TABLE `Class_Registrants` ADD COLUMN `Medical_fabrik_internal_id` INT(6) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT AFTER `text_blank_line_9`

Is there a way to fix this inside Fabrik?
    If not,what do I change in the SQL database to fix this? Thanks.
  2. JDub2300 New Member

Level: Standard
    SOLVED IT. I deleted the ID value of 'Medical_fabrik_internal_ID' via SQL and re-saved the element in Fabrik. Perhaps, somehow, the ID '6' was used by multiple elements?? *Shrug* As long as it is working for the moment!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.