1. Thank you for all the good wishes. I'm headed in for surgery (lumbar fusion) tomorrow, Thursday July 31st, I'll be in hospital for three days, and out of action for a few days after that. See y'all in about a week! Hugh.

Renamed internal ID and now get table error

Discussion in 'Standard Support' started by JDub2300, Jun 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JDub2300 New Member

Level: Standard
    I am working on a form. I changed the name of some "fabrik_internal_ID" elements to names like "Medical_fabrik_interal_ID". I also changed the "Show in table" options for some elements in the same groups to "No".

Now when I try to "view data" for that form, I get a page of errors and no data. Here is the first part of the error message:

Code (text):
    getData: Unknown column 'Class_Registrants.Medical_fabrik_internal_id' in 'field list' SQL=SELECT DISTINCT `Class_Registrants`.`ClassRegistrants_fabrik_internal_id` AS `Class_Registrants___ClassRegistrants_fabrik_internal_id`
    I tried to revert the id's to their original names, "fabrik_internal_ID", but Fabrik will not allow me to use the same name for multiple elements!

I also tried to "update database" on the form and got this error:

Code (text):
    amend table: Incorrect table definition; there can be only one auto column and it must be defined as a key SQL=ALTER TABLE `Class_Registrants` ADD COLUMN `medical_fabrik_internal_id` INT(6) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT null AFTER `text_blank_line_9`
    Then I tried to change some settings in medical_fabrik_internal_id and received the error:

Code (text):
    500 - An error has occurred
    alter structure: Incorrect table definition; there can be only one auto column and it must be defined as a key SQL=ALTER TABLE `Class_Registrants` ADD COLUMN `Medical_fabrik_internal_id` INT(6) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT AFTER `text_blank_line_9`

Is there a way to fix this inside Fabrik?
    If not,what do I change in the SQL database to fix this? Thanks.
  2. JDub2300 New Member

Level: Standard
    SOLVED IT. I deleted the ID value of 'Medical_fabrik_internal_ID' via SQL and re-saved the element in Fabrik. Perhaps, somehow, the ID '6' was used by multiple elements?? *Shrug* As long as it is working for the moment!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.