Repeated group problems on form

nfatsis

Hi everybody,

I'm developer myself, but I use Fabrik for more than 3 ye ars now and I consider it to be the best rapid web application development tool on the market, and it is free, so thank you guys and many credits.

I have a hard time trying to figure out why repeated groups on two of my forms are randomly deleting some of my records, upon form saving.

One critical form consists of master table and 4 joins, child tables handled as repeated groups. Group consists of the following elements, date, databasejoins, field and textarea.

Some of the records of some of these repeated groups, occasionally and randomly are deleting or altering data entered in groups, upon saving the form.

Until now I was unable to reproduce the issue, but now I have one particular form that is behaving strange every time I click on the "Save" button, so I think it's a good timing for you gurus to check this issue. Below is the screen-shoot of the form after the "Save" button is pressed. Before the form saving, the particular empty row (or the row in the same place) is normally deleted clicking the mouse on the - "Delete group"
The form returns error as some of the fields in the repeated group are mandatory, so data is not saved.

Screenshot-31.png

Join tables are "connected" to the primary key of the master table (integer type). No JS errors, no php errors.

Could you help me ?

I can give you the details to connect to the administration area and to the restricted area, as this form is in the restricted area.

The particular project is somehow complex with 60+ lists. The site is live.

Joomla 3.6.5
Fabrik 3.5.2

Best Regards

Nikos

Last edited:
I know from experience that looking at this issue could well chew up a day or two of my time. I can take a look if you want to fill out ...

http://fabrikar.com/you/my-sites

... and give me whatever details I need to access that form. But if it isn't an obvious fix, I can't give you an ETA. We're at the point with Fabrik where all the "easy" issues have been fixed, and the remaining ones tend to be difficult and time consuming, and really don't play well with an "all you can eat" subscription support model.

-- hugh

Thank you Cheesegrits for your prompt reply!

I just updated information about my site along with detailed problem description.

Please feel free to ask for any additional information.

Thank you in advance

Nikos

I know from experience that looking at this issue could well chew up a day or two of my time. I can take a look if you want to fill out ...

http://fabrikar.com/you/my-sites

... and give me whatever details I need to access that form. But if it isn't an obvious fix, I can't give you an ETA. We're at the point with Fabrik where all the "easy" issues have been fixed, and the remaining ones tend to be difficult and time consuming, and really don't play well with an "all you can eat" subscription support model.

-- hugh

Last edited:
Hi cheesegrits,

The server had some downtime due the urgent hosting migration (without notice) but it is ok now. I hope it didn't cause problems to you.
Did you find something ? Do you need some additional info ?

Best Regards

Nikos

OK, managed to get logged in.

But the notes you entered telling me how to replicate the problem look like this:

1) Go to the group named, sorry for Greek :) "???????? ??????????? (????????????)" join database table is serres_charter_payments_provider 2) Choose to delete the row with the following data in its respective elements: ??????????? (charter_provider_id): ????? ????????

... something to do with the character set.

So I have no clue how to replicate it.

You'll have to find me on Skype (hugh dot messanger at gmail dot com) and walk me through it.

-- hugh

Last edited:
I got your Skype request and accepted it, but it's not letting me reply to your messages, it says:

"This person has not shared their details with you. Messaging disabled till request is accepted".

Which seems a little strange as you requested contact with me and I accepted. :/

-- hugh

Hello Hugh,

Skype indeed throwed strange message, but on my end I'm unable to find some configuration parameter to correct this, so I sent you details in email.

If you need additional information please don't hesitate

BR

Nikos

OK. It may be a day or two before I can look at this, I'm sick at the moment, with a flu bug that's going around.

-- hugh

Hello Hugh,

Skype indeed throwed strange message, but on my end I'm unable to find some configuration parameter to correct this, so I sent you details in email

If you need additional information please don't hesitate

BR

Nikos

I'm only just now getting over a bout of flu, starting to get caught up with the longer running issues.

I can't find an email from you. What name / subject should I search for?

-- hugh

Hi Hugh,

The subject is: Repeated group problems on form - New reply to watched thread

I sent you my email on Skype.

Thank you in advance.

BR

Nikos

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.