Repeating Group element used to build an URL

I am trying to build an URL via a repeating group elemement.
Can this be done in a Calc element within the repeating group adding each value in a repeating group field element to a parent field element that will contain the final URL once the last repeating group is added?

So if I wanted to try this... how would I get it back to the parent element for the next add of repeat group?

var url = encodeURI{table_name____base_URL};
url += encodeURI{table_name_repeating_element____parameter};

Where do you want it to appear? Form (really?)? List? Details? I reckon outside of the repeat group?
You also mentioned "the final URL once the last repeating group is added", indicating that some conditioning is in order?

Depending on all of this and maybe other yet unknown factors it could be anything from relatively simple to fairly complex. Hard to tell here and now, I guess.

Real time inside of the Form field - Yes really lol - After last repeat has been added updating and concatenating the field as we go!
Yes just outside of repeating group... when the user has stopped adding repeats...
Yes I will have to add a suffix to the URL before sending it off to the receiver which I am triggering with a button element

Last edited:
This thread (old but AFAIK in principle still valid) should point you into the right direction: https://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?threads/haw-to-sum-a-join-reaping-group.46243
You'll see how you can get the (array of) data of elements in a repeat group, e.g. for use in a calc element with "Ajax calculation" enabled.
It's up to you then to write your code... assuming you know how to check if the "last repeat has been added" as you're saying, etc. Note that you'll be writing PHP in the calc, not JS.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back