Repeating groups have so many problems :(

rikatos

Joomla version 3.2
Fabrik : 3.1rc2
Template : Protostar

Update to new joomla and new fabrik just incase it was something that had been fixed. It doesnt seem so and has been a bug for quite some time now.

I used fabrik to build a relatively simple servicing tracking system. Al the fields seem to work great when not in a repeating group. But when in a repeating group the radio buttons and the file uploads break and just dont work at all. Its quite painful !

Its easy to emulate the issue and I have done locally as well on a site to prove to myself it isnt the version of joomla on my site. Fabrik is so damned close to being a killer app, but this kills it for me as repeating groups were the holy grail for this app and was using it as a bouncing board for greater things (including subscribing if I could prove to my bosses the module worked!).

Maybe someone has an idea why repeating groups kills the radio buttons and file uploaders so badly ?

and today I have made a Joomla 2.5 site and downloaded Fabirk V3.0.9 and emulated the above simple site, and the radio buttons save, but when using a fileupload element (with or without Ajax) the files upload, but do not show in the list, so almost (but not quite!) working even in the older version of the software, which is kinda frustration !

What do you get in list view?
What are your element settings? show media in list=yes+ show in list =yes (List view settings)?

Hi Troester

Sorry, when I put list I actually meant listed in the Details view, keep using the wrong words which mean quite a lot different ! In the list view I see them, but in the details view when editing I dont, ajax or not.
http://redcell.co.uk/joomla25/

I must admit my main issue is the repeating group in the joomla 3+ not working with radio buttons or file uploads as this is where I am developing. The Joomla 2.5 was to try and emulate issues to figure out where I am going wrong :)

I just looked in the github and the professional support forums and it seems this is now quite a known error. It makes all but the most basic operations quite defunct. I was thinking of offering a donation to move it up the list as I still believe this could be quite a good component but it seems that even professional subscribers are not having much luck either ? Would a offer of a donation help with this still ?

radio buttons should work as of today
You'll have to post your fileupload element settings as a screen shot to enable us to debug that issue (i don't see it on your demo site).

Would a offer of a donation help with this still ?
Donations are always welcome. :)

Thanks Rob, I updated and yayy, it works, with the bonus of the fileupload working as well.

Spookily though, I have two repeating groups the second group remembers everything, file uploads, radio button etc. The first repeating group doesnt remember the radio buttons (see attached) its most bizarre, in my test I only had one repeating group of course. In the attachment you can see that the default value of No is not even showing or sticking, they highlight when you select them, but when saved and viewed again, they are blank.

Capture.JPG

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 172
I tried deleting the original radio buttons and creating new ones, and it worked, wont ask why, all I know is that its finally working for me, feel a little unsure about stability but will feed back and results or issues of course :)

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back