• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Restore Fabrik data from backup

timomer

Hello everyone,

I have just upgraded from Joomla 2.5 to Joomla 3.2 - was not aware of the warning to only upgrade to 3.1.6 :( this should be put on the download page.

I had issues with Fabrik throwing fatal PHP errors after the upgrade and had to un-install and reinstall Fabrik. This appears to be working fine now but all Fabrik list, elements, etc data has gone - I still have the DB tables.

I have a full backup of the site, is it possible to restore Fabrik data? Site was running Fabrik 3.1 rc2 before and after the upgarde.

Many thanks,
tim

Un-install Fabrik would indeed delete all Fabrik databases, unless you change the default setting in the Fabrik Options. So lucky for you, you have a backup!
What kind of backup do you have? If it is an akeeba archive, you should restore the backup locally on your computer, the via phpMyAdmin, copy all the Fabrik (and Fabrik related) tables from the backup to the new site.

Hi jfquestiaux, thanks for your reply!

I do have a akeeba backup and access to the SQL files for a site restore. Do you know the list of Fabrik table names? Will help a lot with pulling out the correct lines in the text file.

Many thanks,
tim

Thanks jfquestiaux, that was perfect!

Quick steps for anyone else who hits this issue:
  • Import all of your DB backup to a temp db and export only the fabrik tables
  • Replace #__ with <your site table name>_
  • Backup your live db
  • Drop all fabrik tables in your live db
  • Import the fabrik tables export from the temp db

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.