Room number in tabs

Discussion in 'Standard Support' started by intmarine, Feb 18, 2012.

1. intmarine New Member

Level: Community
    Part 1
    I need to create a series of forms that take an inventory of equipment in each room of a building. Each room has similar equipment; computer (though different brands and models serial numbers that need to be tracked), monitors, UPS, etc.

There are several forms like this per room; Computer Equipment, Network Equipment, General Equipment, etc.

I would like to have each of these forms with the room numbers in tabs across the top of the page. When one clicks on a room number, the different equipment choices are there to fill in (or change if the user status is high enough.) In the reports page this equipment is listed in a similar manner.

I have been working on the different equipment categories, but I can't figure the best way to add the room numbers across the top.

Part 2
    There are different facilities that need to run this inventory application. Different facilities have different numbers of rooms. (E.g., Los Angeles has 14 rooms, Denver has 6.)

I have a beginning page that lists each locations basic data, including the "number of rooms". I would like that number to then be the number that the tabs pick up for the situation above.

Thank you. All help appreciated. I've tried different solutions in the wiki and in searches but haven't figured it out. Using J!2.5 and latest update of 3.0.3
  2. intmarine New Member

Just to be clear: This is a concept of the layout.
    [IMG]
  3. rob Administrator

part 1- you would need to make a custom form template to do this, manually creating the tabs and the urls to the various forms.

Part 2 - again this would have to be part of a custom tempalte, you would need to write a db query to look up the number of rooms for the current location.
  4. intmarine New Member

Thank you Rob. I was hoping that I was doing something wrong after I used the pulldown to choose 'Tabs' as the Form template.

Now comes the harder part: finding someone to hire to help write such exotic devices.