• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Save-button grayed out on multi-page form

Try switching WYSIWYG off in the textarea. I think there's a JS error happening on load in the WYSIWYG handling which is breaking the multi-page code as well.

-- hugh

Are you trying to use multi-page on a tabbed template? There should be a warning rendered if you try and do that, as the two features are not compatible. There seems to be something in your site template that is hiding warnings. It shows if you append ?fabrikdebug=1 to that form URL.

index.php/tuotteet/asiakkaiden-reklamaatiot/form/23?fabrikdebug=1

-- hugh

I think so. I have "Pagination - multi page forms -> Page break" set to "both" for some of the groups on this form. For some reason no warning message, even with unmodified bootstrap_tabs template.
That would have been a wonderful solution for my case, but I think I can re-group my elements and live with that :)

I now noticed that I can leave with that, but my life would be miserable :) I thought I just re-group my elements, but one group/element is repeatable, so I cannot transfer this to another group.
And it wouldn't look very user-friendly, if I have only one element in a separate tab.

Is there some serious reason why multi page form is not working with tabbed template? For me it seems that it almost works as when I first press "Apply" and after that "Save", record saves fine.

BR,
Martin

Is there some serious reason why multi page form is not working with tabbed template?

Yes, because it would be a lot of work, and nobody has stepped up to fund it.

Basically, if there's a "nice to have" feature which benefits everyone (like 90% or more Fabrik users), I'll usually take the time to code it on spec, invest my time, just to make Fabrik better for everyone. But if it's a feature which would only be used by a small percentage of users, it can only happen if there is someone prepared to fund the work. There are only so many hours in a day, and revenue from subs barely pays for the support work they entail. And much as Fabrik is a labor of love, I can't work for free more than a certain number of hours.

-- hugh

Thanks Hugh, I totally understand. In spite it seems as it "almost works", there might often be quite a lot of effort to get it into state of "100% works".
If it's not too much trouble, maybe you could send me a PM with approximate cost for that feature. I can see then if it's possible at all for me to fit this in my budget.

For now I'll try to find some alternative solution.

BR,
Martin

Sorry, missed your reply. I'll try and find some time to see how much work would be involved.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Thanks Sophist, I hope it will make Hugh's job easier if he finds time to dig into this.

BR,
Martin

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back