Save button now working in IE 11

pundip

I am in the process of building an application in Fabrik and just noticed that the save button does not work for IE 11. It works fine in Chrome, Firefox, ios but in IE11 it just fades when I click but instead of updating or saving the form it just click and nothing happens. I am using the PHP 7.0 and Joomla 3.82 and the latest version of Fabrik. I have changed the template to protostar and the issue persists.

on a different server which has similar setup and the save button works in IE11.
Same GitHub update?
Did you clear Joomla and browser cache?
Can you see JS errors in the browser dev console?

Yup, sounds like a Javascript cache issue, as the fix was to the form.js.

If this is a development server with just you using it, quickest way to clear the JS cache is in Chrome, open that page, bring up Dev Tools (ctrl-shift-i), then if you right click on the normal reload button in the toolbar, you'll get a context menu with "Empty Cache and Hard Reload".

If it's a live system with other users, the best way to make sure everyone gets the new JS is go to the Fabrik global options, under the Debug tab, and enable "Bust JS", which will append a random number to all JS files, forcing browsers to reload.

But don't leave it like that permanently, just for a day or so, as it does slow page loading by effectively forcing browsers to not cache.

-- hugh

Hi Hugh,

That seems to have done the trick. I have enabled "Burst JS" and it seems to have done the job. I will leave it one for a day as you suggested. You were also right about the form.js issue. IE developer tools console output is as follows on unpatched site:

SCRIPT438: Object doesn't support property or method 'closest'
File: form.js, Line: 3, Column: 21384

Thanks again

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back