• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Search form Errors report and Questions !

I've spent several hours on this one, and pretty much run out of options and ideas for trying to debug it on your site. I can't duplicate the problem here, neither can Rob, and I've gone as far as I can with remote debugging.

We're going to have to go for the Nuclear Option, and use Akeeba to take a full archive of your site, and I'll clone it here. That way I can use Eclipse / xdebug locally, and actually step through the code, see what's happening.

Have you used Akeeba before? It's really simple, just install it, and run a full archive using the default profile, you shouldn't have to change anything.

I use 3.7.10, from here:

https://www.akeebabackup.com/download/akeeba-backup.html

If you want to install that, and let me know when you've done a backup, I'll grab it from your ftp site, and set up a clone here.

-- hugh

Hi Hugh ! I've install and done the backup ... All done without any error (JFTP one but success installanyway)
Let me know If I could do more to help with MY issue ....

Never mind, thanks a lot for the time !

Because You are very tired and I test the stuff you done for many hours ...
Hugh it's OK for the form into a page like the tut ! So you've done a VERY good debug stuff for me !

Just the form into a module give me the error I report before,
and please could you confirme me How I could have the search elements (dropdown) be a ALL value(s) by default ?
I'have to make the First label "please selected" with what sorte of value ? (ALL or * or something else ?)

Let me know

I'm debugging that issue using the clone of your site. Can't promise when I'l get it fixed, but I'm making some progress.

Did you try what we discussed on chat, for the "All" option? That is, instead of using a dropdown element to supply the search values for your dropdown(s) on the target table, use a join element on the search form, where you create a table that replicates the values/labels of your dropdown, incuding a "Please select" row which has a blank value.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back