search form in popup or in the sideline

Mikmac

With the fabrik form module I am showing a little search form in the 'sideline' just below the menuitems. This should act as a little helper while filling out another form to lookup certain values. On submission it jumps to the table where the value is looked up. But I do not want the main form to disappear and be replaced by that table.

Is it either possible to open the jumppage in a popup window (with 'process php script' 'as soon as form submitted (simple eval)')
or is it possible to show the search result below the form module (tried that with the table module specified below the form module but that did not work cause the whole page is refreshed on submission including the main form)

I also tried to do this with just the fabrik table module (with a search/filter field), but every time the table is filtered it duplicates the same table in the main area (where the main form should stay). I did not get that behaviour.

The only way I can think of doing this would be to create a custom template for your 'helper' form, and modify the form tag to include _target="blank". I *think* this will work, but I haven't tested it.

So in the form template, where it has:

<form action="<?php echo $this->form->action;?>" class="fabrikForm" <?php echo $this->form->js;?> method="post" name="<?php echo $this->form->name;?>" id="<?php echo $this->form->name;?>" enctype="<?php echo $this->form->encType;?>">

... add ...

target="_blank"

... right after the 'form'.

-- hugh

yeah, that works, but it opens a full size new page, where you don't see the first page anymore.

I think I have found another way, but still have to test it:

With a seperate menu link open a new static content page without browser navigation and assign the search form and table to that page. So if you need the 'helper' form you simply click on that menu button and it opens a new smaller floating window. It is however not easy in joomla to control the size and position of the window (maybe in 1.5, did read something about popups as a new feature).

Lightbox?

Do you find a method to load a "PHP - Simple Eval" into a lightbox window? I am working with J1.5.20 and Fabrik 2.0.2 and would like to show the process and error messages of my 'Submission plug-in' PHP script. Right now, it just goes to the referral page and says it's done.

If we can't load a 'floating pop-up', is there any way to modify or write to the Joomla system message?

not using the lightbox no., but in your php eval code you can add~:

PHP:
$app =& JFactory::getApplication();
$app->enqueueMessage('hi this is a message');
[/code]

that should get shown on the next page highlighted in blue

-Rob

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.