Search.png not working on list

Hello. Recently I've changed all List icons to their ".png" version.
The "delete" and "edit" buttons worked and their icon has changed. The "search" icon doesn't change tho! Do you know what may be causing this problem?
View attachment 17152

PS: Ignore the php button at the right side :p

Looking into this for you now. But I do note that in the /components/com_fabrik/layouts/listactions directory we have layout php files named fabrik-delete-button.php, fabrik-edit-button.php and fabrik-view-button.php but not fabrik-search-button.php.

I also note that List/Details/Links has fields for changing the Detail, Edit, Delete and Add icons, but no field to allow you to set the Search icon.

How have you told it to use png icons for Edit, Delete etc. and how for Search?

Although it is a magnifying glass I think that the search button is actually the Detail icon. Have you set that?

I have now checked the code and the Magnifying glass should be the Detail icon, and the Lightening should be the plugin button.

Recently I've changed all List icons to their ".png" version
There's no ".png" version.
Fabrik is using xy.png IF this xy.png does exist.
search.png doesn't, you have to add it into one of the folders Fabrik/Joomla are looking for image files.

In case the image doesn't exist Fabrik will use the filename without extension as icon (so with search.png you'll get again icon-search)

If that doesn't exist then why in my php button, if I change it to "search.png" the icon does change into a different magnifying glass?

You are right.
search.png is also working in the edit link.
It seems some "search" is hardcoded in the details link. All other x.png are working there, also if you copy media/com_fabrik/search.png to e.g. search1.png and use this in the details link.

I'm unable to duplicate this. If I set my "Detail icon" to search.png, I get the media/com_fabrik/images/search.png image. It does what I'd expect it to:

In FabrikHelperHTML::Image() ...

https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/blob/master/libraries/fabrik/fabrik/Helpers/Html.php#L2284

... it calls getImagePath(), which looks in the predefined folder locations as defined in addPath() ...

https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/blob/master/libraries/fabrik/fabrik/Helpers/Html.php#L2212

... it finds the image.png in our media folder, so $src is not empty and $forceImage gets set to true on line 2285, so it skips the icon handling and builds the img tag instead.

I'm not saying you guys aren't having issues with it, just that I can't replicate it, and I can't immediately think of where the problem might be. The logic is pretty simple. We look through our image folder paths for a file with the specified name, if we find that we use an img tag for that file, if we don't find it we use an icon tag (using the filename part of the image name, with the extension stripped).

-- hugh

Strange
On my site it really only search.png not working in the details link.
search.png is working e.g. in the edit link
all other xy.png are working in the details link, too.

I'll step through the code if I have time...
Meanwhile copying search.png to search1.png and putting this in the details link is a workaround.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back