Seeking community volunteers...

@smalldragoon The community is always grateful for any contributions anyone makes.

What I am not sure about is whether we are still using Transifex or you need to do translations directly in the language files? If @cheesegrits is listening, perhaps he can comment on this?

Hi, So where should I check for the translation to do ?
@Louis, I'm not really a coder, should I pull files from there and then send you back them, if it is the way Cheesegrit wants to proceed ?

If I am not mistaken we do not have a Demo site anymore, and I would be happy to put one back together.

1) How would we want to host this:
1a) I would suggest that I set this up on my own hosting provider and we can cname demo.fabrikar.com to it?
1b) Other option of course is to get access to you'lls cpanel, which I assume is not preferred
1c) ...
2) Not sure how long ago it went down, and whether is it still worth while, however do we have the data of the old demo site or is that gone?
2a) If so it would be great to get a dump of the #__fabrik* tables as a starting point.

What do you guys think?

Paul

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knew what software was used to make the existing tutorial videos? If I had time and did do any extreme newbie (me) tuts then I would want them to be of the same look and feel.

Thanks

Anybody from staff can help me?
Paid 2 days ago - no money, no subscription, no leteers, messages or something... Or only one thing a have - trouble with my project...
What now i've to do?

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knew what software was used to make the existing tutorial videos? If I had time and did do any extreme newbie (me) tuts then I would want them to be of the same look and feel.

Thanks
The recordings were made several years ago on Fabrik 2.5 using Wink (http://www.debugmode.com/wink/).

But I think Wink is flash based, so probably not the technology they would use to record now.

And the videos look old because they were on a much older version of Fabrik - Joomla 2.5 and hence Fabrik 2.5 went out of support almost 3 years ago, so the tutorials are probably significantly older than that.

I have been wondering whether it would help to recreate the tutorials as a wiki entry - because that might be translatable by e.g. Google Translate for people who are not able to understand English videos. I have even gone so far as to create stub pages (top left of the Wiki Page List) to put these in.

If I am not mistaken we do not have a Demo site anymore, and I would be happy to put one back together.

1) How would we want to host this:
1a) I would suggest that I set this up on my own hosting provider and we can cname demo.fabrikar.com to it?
1b) Other option of course is to get access to you'lls cpanel, which I assume is not preferred
1c) ...
2) Not sure how long ago it went down, and whether is it still worth while, however do we have the data of the old demo site or is that gone?
2a) If so it would be great to get a dump of the #__fabrik* tables as a starting point.

What do you guys think?

Paul
I have a feeling that the old demo site was taken down for security reasons - it allowed people to play with back-end and although it was reset back to starting point every so often from backup, that still allowed bad stuff to happen.

It seems to me that we could probably do with two sites:

1. A front-end demo of several sample applications that would show off the different types of element and how they could be used to create something useful. Would probably still need to be reset regularly, but at least users could only e.g. upload images or enter data and wouldn't have access to the back end. It might be nice if the example applications tied in with the tutorials and had lots of text explaining how Fabrik enabled the app to be written.

2. A Test suite site used to develop a standardised test suite - access would be given to known Fabrik developers, that these developers could create (a growing collection) of test cases. This would have an Akeeba backup made daily of the Fabrik tables and stored somewhere that people could download it and then import the tables into their SQL database of an existing Fabrik instance so that they can use the test data against the code they are developing.

(I am doing something like this for myself at present - currently has 1 complete test cases for Repeat groups, and 1 test case in development for Element Javascript actions.

Thoughts?

"1. A front-end demo of several sample applications that would show off the different types of element and how they could be used to create something useful. Would probably still need to be reset regularly, but at least users could only e.g. upload images or enter data and wouldn't have access to the back end. It might be nice if the example applications tied in with the tutorials and had lots of text explaining how Fabrik enabled the app to be written."

That's what I had in mind as a start. We could make references to and from the Wiki for further documentation or to see it in action. I agree with the back-end risk, although I have been on some demo sites where there managed to restrict access on the back-end pretty well. That would be something to research for later. It would be a big benefit to have a read-only access view of the back-end so people can see the actual setup for the examples given.

For now I am waiting for a spare cycle form @cheesegrits regarding old demo setup data and hosting questions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys, I'm Giuseppe, 52 years from Italy

Hi I'd like to help, I made a video
I'm not good with English and I help with google translate
In Italy there is a lot of interest for this component.
Unfortunately there is some difficulty with the documentation, especially for the more advanced things.

I could start sorting out translations that are not exact or missing at some points

I already deal with the Italian translation of icagenda, a component for managing events on joomla
on my website there are some fabrik guides
icagenda.it/
I do not know PHP, but I'm good with graphics and CSS / HTML

How do I get edit access to the Wiki. I'd like to contribute to the documentation of Fabrik.
-bob

I'm having weird problems with my account where I'm logged in some pages, then I navigate to another and I get logged out. I'll keep poking at it.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back