Select boxes - two questions

darkroast

I'm liking how Fabrik 3.1 integrates with Joomla 3.x. However, one (admittedly minor) quirk in the way the lists are laid out has sort of bugged me since I started with 3.0 - the way the select boxes are on the right, between the last element and the view buttons. It's a bit different from the way most Joomla extensions work.

So the first question is, what was the reasoning behind the decision to put them there? Just curious.

The second question is, where would I need to change the code to put them at the beginning of the line?

I'm not sure if things changed in 3.1 but in 3.0 you can change the checkbox location in the list view.

In your list settings, open the "Links" section in the left column, and edit the "Checkbox Location" radiobutton to "beginning" or "end". I think the default setting is "end".

That definitely moved the checkbox; however,it also moved the view / edit / delete buttons to the beginning of the line. Is there a way to have the checkboxes on the left, and the buttons on the right?

You're right, I'm pretty sure I can do it with a custom list template. The only reason I didn't want to go that way is that I'd have to create a custom template for every list, and this project will have several.

Or would I? If I copied the bootstrap template, then I should be able to move that section, yes? I dug through the bootstrap template, and couldn't find where to change, so if anyone has insight, it'd be appreciated.

I sounds very odd to me to have the checkboxes on the oppisite site from the links.
If space is an issues, edit the list and under the details->links section set 'render buttons as' = 'dropdown'

Otherwise, if you needed to alter the order of the columns, you would need to alter the data in $this->headings in the template file.
Its keyed on the element names, and with fabrik_select for the checkbox and fabrik_actions for the column with the buttons.

-Rob

Hmmm... that makes sense, I guess. I think I was thinking of the way Joomla did it - at least in 2.5 - in the admin area.

One quirky thing... If I click on the "delete row" button, the row's select box gets checked (which it should). However, if I click cancel in the popup, the box does not get unchecked. If I then click another row's delete button, I'm asked if I want to delete both rows. I would think that the select box should be unchecked if you cancel the delete operation.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back