• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

"Select some rows for deletion"

futuron

Hi, I get the following message when I try to delete a record from a list (frontend):

Select some rows for deletion
I get this using both methods (clicking X next to the record, or selecting the record and pressing X at the top of the list).

The website is a few months old so I figured that updating would solve it, but the problem persists. I can't imagine that no one else noticed this, so I'm not sure if it's a bug or not.

I can't replicate this one, are there any js errors on the page? could you double check all files were update?

There are no javascript errors. I also updated to 3.0.5-55 today before trying again. I only encounter this problem in the frontend, it works fine in the backend. Also, I use fabrik's default templates on this one.

Do you have delete access rights in the frontend (is it the same if you are logged in as superadmin)?

The list in particular is in a secure section of the site, i.o.w. you Must be logged in to see the list. The minimum usergroup is Registered.

can you skype me with the details to look at the page? Must be something I have set up differently to you that is causing the different observations in what is happening

thx
Rob

Have you found any solutions for this yet?

My environment:
Joomla 2.5.6
MySql: 5.5.25a
PHP: 5.4.4
Fabrikar: 3.0.5.2 (from http://fabrikar.com/downloads?resetfilters=0)

Table is embedded in frontend using {fabrik view=list id=6 layout=default}

Observations:
1)when I click X then the checkbox becomes checked before the alert comes: "Select some rows for deletion"
2) The Edit button works as expected

I can't replicate this: clicking the x in a list displayed via content plugin displays the alert "do you really want to delete...", clicking OK deletes the row.

Can you update from GitHub to get the latest fabrik version and see if this solves your issue?

Have you found any solutions for this yet?

My environment:
Joomla 2.5.6
MySql: 5.5.25a
PHP: 5.4.4
Fabrikar: 3.0.5.2 (from http://fabrikar.com/downloads?resetfilters=0)

Table is embedded in frontend using {fabrik view=list id=6 layout=default}

Observations:
1)when I click X then the checkbox becomes checked before the alert comes: "Select some rows for deletion"
2) The Edit button works as expected

I also observes that it works for the same table when I access it via an MenuItem (type Fakrik:List).

The problem seems to appear when I add it as an inline list in an article ({fabrik view=list id=6 layout=default})

I also observes that it works for the same table when I access it via an MenuItem (type Fakrik:List).

The problem seems to appear when I add it as an inline list in an article ({fabrik view=list id=6 layout=default})

Discovery:

The problem appears in the first table when I have TWO (or more ?) inline tables in an article. In the bottom table it seems to work.

Could it be picking the wrong elemet in list.js (line 854)
this.form.getElements('input[name^=ids]').each(function (c) {}

Seems to be based on row-id only, maybe it need also table id....

A danger could actually be that it ends up deleting rows in the wrong table!!!

I can reproduce it with the downloaded fabrik version but it's ok in the recent GitHub version, so can you try to update?

Thanks for the confirmation.

For now I change all multi-list menuitems with single list menu items, just so that I can get the site into production again. I will look into the GitHub when my head is above water again.

You should really update from GitHub as soon as possible (backup before if it's a live site!), there have been a lot of bug fixes and improvements since 3.0.5.2.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back