Send Document Button - SubForm

tiagovareta

Hi,

I have a main form, where I call a subform. These forms have a 1 to many relationship.

Enviar_SubForm.png

As you can see the subform has a field to choose a file.
Is it possible to have a button in the subform to send the file?
Basically it would add a button, as we can add in the list.

You could try using AJAX mode in the upload element, but I'm pretty sure there are issues with using AJAX uploads in a repeat group. Also note that changing an upload element between AJAX and non-AJAX loses existing data. When in AJAX mode, the data is stored in a one-to-many table we automatically create, not directly in the element's field on the main table. Which is why AJAX in a repeat group is problematic, as a repeat group is already a many-to-many relationship.

-- hugh

You could try using AJAX mode in the upload element, but I'm pretty sure there are issues with using AJAX uploads in a repeat group. Also note that changing an upload element between AJAX and non-AJAX loses existing data. When in AJAX mode, the data is stored in a one-to-many table we automatically create, not directly in the element's field on the main table. Which is why AJAX in a repeat group is problematic, as a repeat group is already a many-to-many relationship.

-- hugh

In addition to being able to use AJAX upload, is there any way to insert a button into each row SubForm?

Non-AJAX uploads work using the built in upload functionality of HTML forms. The upload happens when the form is submitted. No way of having a button that uploads it separately. That's not a "Fabrik thing", that's an HTML thing.

The AJAX upload feature we provide does exactly what you are asking. It has a button to select and upload the file on the fly, before submitting the form.

You could try selecting AJAX upload, but set the max files in the AJAX settings to 1. If I recall correctly, if the max files is 1, we don't create that one-to-many joined table for storing the upload data, we just use the element field on the main table.

-- hugh

Non-AJAX uploads work using the built in upload functionality of HTML forms. The upload happens when the form is submitted. No way of having a button that uploads it separately. That's not a "Fabrik thing", that's an HTML thing.

The AJAX upload feature we provide does exactly what you are asking. It has a button to select and upload the file on the fly, before submitting the form.

You could try selecting AJAX upload, but set the max files in the AJAX settings to 1. If I recall correctly, if the max files is 1, we don't create that one-to-many joined table for storing the upload data, we just use the element field on the main table.

-- hugh

Hi,

Many thanks for the reply!
I do not think this is what I intend to do. You're talking about the button to select the file, right? This button, in this case can be either html or ajax.

What I wanted was to have a button on a "subform" to send an email, to be able to send the file whenever I want.

When we see a list, where you have the action buttons (see, edit, delete), we can add more buttons (Plugin Email). Is it possible to add this type of button to the "SubForm"?

There isn't a specific "send email" button for a form, but you can add an email form submission plugin. You could then add an "Apply" button to the form, give it the label "Send Email".

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

There isn't a specific "send email" button for a form, but you can add an email form submission plugin. You could then add an "Apply" button to the form, give it the label "Send Email".

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Hi Cheesegrits,

This button that speaks (apply), would be created where? In the Forms -> Buttons - of the sub form?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back