Send email and PDF when submitting a form

RobertG

Hi,

I have two problems with a very simple test form: a question with text answer, two radio buttons elements, calculation of a score. Data are registered in a table on submit.

I added a PDF button and a print button to print the form with the answers but have only the labels (standard template bootstrap for pdf). How to print all labels and data?

I also added an email plugin to the form, to an address "client@mysite.tld" and "send to group" super users: I never receive the emails. I tested with the standard email test (in configuration of Joomla!) and with a contact form: all works fine and I receive the mails. (I'l using PHP mail)
What can I do wrong?

I would like to automatically set all labels and data in a PDF and send it to the recipient: is it possible? I didn't find how.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
Thanks troester. I tried with "Attach a PDF" but email is not send so I wanted to test with the button.
I don't understand why the mail is not sent. :(

I previously saw this page but can't solve my problem with it.

I deleted the email plugin in the form option and added it with only "send to group" super users and it works now: email is sent with PDF. :)
But I don't understand why it didn't work previously.

Another question (I abuse): how to display the details after saving the form? Actually after submitting the form is emptied

Last edited:
On Save it's going back to where it came from (so to an empty form if you have a form menu item, to the list if it was called via the add/edit button etc)
If you want to go to somewhere else add a redirect form plugin.

A menu link opens the form and there is a test menu link to the details of the (empty) form details. Without redirection, it's this page I view after submit.
If I unpublish this test menu link, the empty form, ready to a new submit, but in the message, I see "Resource not found".
I have no redirect plugin in the options of that form.

It was a cache problem. No more error message.

To redirect, I don't understand how to display the detail form of the record after saving.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back