1. We suggest you do NOT update to Joomla 3.8.10 until we can resolve an issue it causes with caching in Fabrik. If you do install it, you'll need to disable Joomla's "System Cache" in the global System settings.
  2. Apologies for the recent server outage, a planned migration by our host provider to a new location turned into a bit of a nightmare.

send receipt and email?

Discussion in 'Community' started by comphoppers, Sep 2, 2009.

1. comphoppers

comphoppers New Member

Level: Community
    I would like to send an email copy of a completed data form to both the person filling in the form and administrator. I first tried Receipt filled in as below, when this didn't work I tried just using the email option set up as below. I also tried creating a new test table/form set to everyone with just the email (my original form is set to registered users only and has a redirect). The site was updated as of today with the latest files. In all cases I don't receive an email with or without data. What am I missing?

My contact us page is working as is my logon feature.

Under form, submission plug-in:
    I selected Receipt - Both -Both. User choice (yes). Confirmation Receipt to {ivy_perapp___cust_email} where ivy_perapp is my table name and cust_email is a field element. In receipt title I inserted {ivy_perapp___fabrik_internal_id} as I understood from the help manual this was need as the proper receipt title. I did not receive any email message.

Under email:
    I selected Email, Both, Both
    Email to: me@myemail.com
    Subject Line: Apply Form
    None: for PHP/HTML
    None: for Template
    None: Condition
    Still no email

2. cassembers

cassembers New Member

might just be me, but it looks like you don't have any template selected?

3. comphoppers

comphoppers New Member

Ok, I selected the test html that comes with the system. Still no e-mail. Any other suggestions?

4. comphoppers

comphoppers New Member

Tried HTML and PHP Templates

Ok, I tried the suggestion to select a template file although I think I saw in another posting that it was not necessary. Still no results. I don't get an email to the user or to the admin.

Also, I noticed a reference "to including elements in the email" - it was before the elements were automatically converted to lower case and indicated this was a prior problem that could occur. I discovered my display text element does not convert automatically to lower case and manually converted several of those, although I don't think that is the problem.

I need to point out also that my form consists of many groups separated by page breaks. Each page displays the checkbox for email and submit buttons which I think is confusing but will work on later once I get the form working. Since submit only works on the last page I have assumed that the email checkbox should only be check on the last page. I also tested the form without the user having to check the box. Still no email.

5. comphoppers

comphoppers New Member

email reciept Problem Solved

To solve the problem we went to the joomla config stmp mail option and deleted the localhost option that automatically posted to stmp mail upon installation. Once the localhost option was deleted we were able to receive email from the submission plugins.:D

6. cheesegrits

cheesegrits Support Gopher Staff Member

Level: Professional
    Thanks for posting your solution, glad you got it resolved.

-- hugh

7. jeflerouge

jeflerouge New Member

I can not figure out how to deal with the solution? Can I ask for some more detailed help? After getting familiar with Fabrik I think it is fab tool. I look very much forward to develop my relationship. You can visit my home page: torehund.no I have turned off the ordering section to avoid any sour gamers. Hope you can help:)
    Jeflerouge
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. comphoppers

comphoppers New Member

Unsure of your issue

I'm sorry I'm not sure of your issue. My issue was that under form/submission plug-in none of the options were working (no email notifications was sent). To solve the problem we went to Joomla global configuration/server/mail settings/stmp host (last line) and deleted the option "localhost" that is a default setting. This allowed us to send an email notification that someone had submitted a form for consideration. Hope this helps.

9. jeflerouge

jeflerouge New Member

It helped in the way I received a small message saying Success, but still no mail arrived?

10. cheesegrits

cheesegrits Support Gopher Staff Member

Level: Professional
    Can you post screenshots of both your plugin settings, and your global Joomla email settings.

-- hugh

11. unchien

unchien New Member

i delete the localhost and click save, but it keeps appearing