• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

set reply: to in email sent on form submission

DickTracy

Hi

Is it possible to set a 'reply to' in the form that is emailed when a form is submitted?

The email address to be used will be one of the fields that have just been filled in on the form, if that helps (an enquiry is sent to an advertiser from the form, and the seller needs to reply directly to the enquirer, not to my site address)

Cheers

Actually thinking about it that will potentially lead to problems.

Some email companies (such as sfr.fr, and i think hotmail and wanadoo among others) check reverse dns on emails - they check that the email address is appropriate for the domain sending the email, as an anti-spam measure.

So emails from mysite.com showing as being from customer@differentssite.com will be rejected 'at source' before even reaching spam folders - i have had several examples of this recently where neither the sender, or me, or the intended recipient, could see there was a problem.

i think reply to avoids this problem.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back