Skip juser plugin for registered user

tbone004

Fabrik is a great product.

I am creating a registration form for a event we hold every year. During the registration I am using the juser plugin to create a new user on the site so user can update their registration as needed.

We purge the registration data yearly and start fresh. This is where the problem comes in, since I use the juser plugin it attempts to create a new user and errors if the username and/or email address already exist. I don't see a way in the plugin to make it conditional insert.

Is there anyway to skip juser insert if the username or email exist and just update the main table for the form?

Thanks

Why don't you purge the #__users table also? You won't have this problem.
If you wish to keep the already registered users (because they come every year for instance), make the user registration and the event registration separate.

I agree, that was my first thought. I would just make them register for everything again. But I thought I would post and see if anyone knew of a work around.

The workaround is have a "welcome" page with:
"already member" and you send them to the event registration only
"not a member" and you send them to a complete registration form

Good call, I didn't think of that. May actually put that on the registration page and then call the proper form from there.

Thanks for the suggestion.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back