[SOLVED] Controlling Fabrik front end list functionality

austega

For this project I am using Fabrik to create several management reports over data created in Community Builder and Community Builder Subscriptions. I want these to be an output of the data without any capacity for change to the data via Fabrik.

I have attached an example of a current front end report and highlighted the Fabrik functionality elements I want to not be visible, vis: Add, Edit, Import from CSV, Empty and ideally also Group By.

I cannot work out how to achieve this.

If it is list specific and is achieved via the Access tab for each list, then does this mean I need to create a Joomla viewing level that no-one uses and select this?

I am on a learning curve with Fabrik and may have missed something obvious.

Fabrik 3.09, J2.5.16

Attachments

• Front End Report Options.PNG
    Front End Report Options.PNG
    101.3 KB · Views: 387
There's no attatchment;)
Yes, if nobody should be able to edit... you'll need a Joomla access level e.g. nobody assigned to no user group.
Use this access level in list access settings for add/edit/delete/empty
+ in list "Data/Group by".

If you are linking a fabrik list to a component or Joomla core list you should additionally set "Alter existing fields"=NO in list "Details/Advanced" to prevent Fabrik to change any database column types if editing an element.

I was sure I had uploaded the file - which I have now done (again :( ).

In any case you understood what I was asking!

The only one I am left with is how to avoid the Import from CSV option from showing. Can you/someone help me with that too?

Same thing: if you have created the "nobody" access level (which I always do, mainly because of the CSV thing), you set the CSV import (and export) access level to "nobody" (in your list settings, publishing, CSV tab).

Actually - found my own answer - Import from CSV access level is set at the top of the Publishing | CSV tab for the list.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back