[SOLVED] DB join element don't work with auto-complete

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattsh

Hi!

Having problems to make a join element with auto-complete to work after a I moved to Fabrik 3.3.2 and Joomla 3.4.1 from J2.5.
The element works fine then I use drop down to populate the field, but not after a change to auto complete.

Using the latest GitHub-version from today.

Regards
Matt

I have ordered a firewall change, so hopefully rather soon can you see the site. I make a new comment here when it's ready.

Matt

Go to the showcase url in my sites and click at the related link below the middle of the page. At the form "Kursdatum" at the top should work and the joined data should be auto-completed.
I'm using list #4 join to form #5.

I still can't find it. I go to your My Sites link (not sure what you mean by showcase link), neither form 4 or 5 has an autofill on it.

Go to List #4 and click at the related link. At the top field (form #5) you see the auto complete field.

Showcase url (Change My_site):
My_site/utbildning-och-naetverk/gcp-kurs

Matt

Can you confirm that the issue you are seeing is the element is changing to 'readonly' after making a selection for the first time? Which is very weird, as there is nothing in our code that should be doing that ...

-- hugh

That's right, but readonly is a javascript validation which I have added. It's the same behavior without the readonly.

So I just deleted this validation at the moment to support your work.

Matt

Someone misused the log in I made for the Fabrik team, deleted data and added nonsense. So I closed the Fabrik log in at my site at the moment.

Matt

Ack, not good. I can guarantee it wasn't one of us. There's only 3 of us have access to that, and we've got quite enough work on our hands without making more work for ourselves by messing with people's sites.

I'll keep an eye out for any other reports of this, just to make sure it's not an issue where our my sites data has been compromised. I've not seen any other reports of it though, and if someone had managed to get that data, I think we'd be inundated with complaints.

I also just kicked off two different deep malware scans on my laptop, just to make sure I haven't picked up any nasty key loggers. I run AVG as my normal AV, which has always been pretty good, but have a couple of other on-demand scanners I run, just for belt-and-braces protection.

If you want to change the password and email it to me (hugh dot messenger at gmail dot com), so I can keep looking at this, that'd work.

-- hugh

It was absolutely a bit frightening, but of course I trust the Fabrik team!

Hugh, I send you an email with the new password.

Regards
Matt

OK. Just FYI, no malware on this laptop, after a 3 different full scans.

This is obviously something we are very sensitive to, and were in two minds about doing the My Sites thing, but it does make support so much easier and more effective.

BTW, I don't see any email form you. What domain should it be coming from?

-- hugh

I just tested (without any login) on your site/component/fabrik/form/5?Itemid=101&referring_table=4&your-table___course_date_id_raw=96
(coming from your-site/utbildning-och-naetverk/gcp-kurs)
and auto-complete on Kursdatum is working fine in FF, Chrome and IE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back