[SOLVED] Error 500 Layout default not found with PDF button?

mrnorx

Hi,

I have a basic form. I set it up to email a PDF to me when submitted but I get a Error 500 when the form is submitted, Ive changed the template to bootstrap and default but I still get the same so Ive enabled the PDF button and that has the same result when I press it.

I have installed the latest fabrik with dompdf from the git repository. If I disable the attach pdf option in the email plugin then the form submits ok.

Has anyone else had a similar experience they can help me with?

The form is at http://i-transcribemk.co.uk/quote if it helps?

Thanks

David

Ive changed the template to bootstrap and default but I still get the same so Ive enabled the PDF button and that has the same result when I press it.
Did you set the PDF template?
BTW:
There's no "default" template in the recent Fabrik. If you still have a folder ...components\com_fabrik\views\details\tmpl\default this is from an older Fabrik installation.

I've set pdf template to every option available. Ive attached a picture of the layout options from the form settings. I can view the form and details but neither work if I try and generate a PDF or if I attach a pdf to an email on submit. I also note that pdf is not working with the list either

Attachments

• layout.jpg
    layout.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
OK Ive moved forward with this a bit, I have changed the setting in fabrik options Allow PDF Localhost to on and now my PDF button works in list mode and in details but still not in form and the form is not generated when email is sent with error Layout default not found. The form layout settings are still as in the attachment above.

EDIT: If i submit the form from the backend then the email has the form attached as a PDF and the PDF also works so its only from the front end I have an issue. o_O

Last edited:
This seems to be an access issue (in the backend you are logged in as (super)admin).
Can you submit the form in frontend if you are logged in as superadmin?
What are your list access settings?
Do you have something like admintools installed?

For the standard list/form/details PDF buttons it should not be necessary to enable "Allow PDF Localhost". Do you have some non-standard server setup?

I had RSfirewall installed but I've now uninstalled it but still no joy. I can use the PDF button in list and details view from front end when logged in as super user but the form still brings up an error 500 with default layout not found.
The list access settings are all set to public apart from empty.
As far as I am aware the server is all normal.

On a side note, since uninstalling RSfirewall I no longer need "allow PDF localhost" enabled.

Hi Troester, Ive been trying to figure out why my email is not attaching the PDF and Ive found this in my joomla error logs. I think this may be causing the issue but when I check the files they are both there, do I need to change the file permissions or something?

[21-Mar-2017 20:21:32 Etc/GMT] PHP Warning: file_get_contents(/media/system/css/calendar-jos.css): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /plugins/fabrik_form/email/email.php on line 464
[21-Mar-2017 20:21:32 Etc/GMT] PHP Warning: file_get_contents(/components/com_fabrik/libs/slimbox2/css/slimbox2.css): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /plugins/fabrik_form/email/email.php on line 464

Thank you Hugh, that fixed the errors in my logs but I still get an error 500:
Error
Layout default not found.
when I submit a form attaching an pdf to the email. :(

OK, It must have just been a bug int the form I created as I deleted and recreated a new form in the identical manner and it works fine when emailing with a bootstrap template. Thanks for your help with this.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back