• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

[SOLVED] RSS: "Class 'JFabrikFeedItem' not found" and PHP error

lousyfool

Staff member
Hi,

First time I'm trying RSS with Fabrik, but I get errors.
Setup: Joomla 3.9, Fabrik 3.9 (incl fresh Github), RSS turned on in list and elements.
PHP 7.2, but trouble persists with older versions as well.

In the frontend, when clicking the RSS button above list or URL /index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=list&listid=40&format=fabrikfeed, I'm getting an error page stating "Class 'JFabrikFeedItem' not found".

In the PHP error log I'm also getting
Code:
Undefined property: FabrikTableElement::$attribs in /blablabla/components/com_fabrik/views/list/view.fabrikfeed.php on line 121

Line 121 is
Code:
$elParams = new Registry($element->attribs);
If I replace "attribs" with "params", the PHP error log stays clean, but "Class 'JFabrikFeedItem' not found" is still thrown in the frontend.

I've seen some older threads, according to which I've made sure that libraries/joomla/document/fabrikfeed/* exists.

What's wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Hmmm, we shouldn't be using fabrikfeed any more as of 3.8.

Can you check your Fabrik system plugin ...

./plugins/system/fabrik/fabrik.php

... around line 89, make sure it looks like this ...

https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/blob/master/plugins/system/fabrik/fabrik.php#L89

... with this code:

Code:
        // The fabrikfeed doc type has been deprecated.  For backward compat, change it use standard J! feed instead
        if (version_compare($version->RELEASE, '3.8', '>=')) {
            if ($app->input->get('format') === 'fabrikfeed') {
                $app->input->set('format', 'feed');
            }
        }

As of 3.8, the built in J! RSS 'feed' doctype fixed all the bugs and problems that we originally created our fabrikfeed doctype to resolve, so now we just use that.

So it shouldn't even be trying to load that fabrikfeed view.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back