[solved] search on birthday (day & Month) / list view

trip

Joomla 3.3.6
Fabrik 3.2
Access to site has been given

Hi Guys

We have a table which needs to search on a birthday date.
But the issue is we have different years.

Is it possible to search on the DAY and MONTH only
How do we normalise this in the table, as some dates are showing as a date value and some others as 21 Jan

Matthew

hi

I've updated your site's so that the birthday element now uses the birthday plugin rather than the date element.
I've also update the birthday element so that in the list view you have the option to render the data as "Day Month" and the list filter now shows unique day/month values. Filtering on one of these options will match any birthday regardless of year.

Thanks Rob
can I ask if I update the plugin on the other view, will the data remain or do we have to dn anything to this ?

I have changed the field, all data is ok.

Q. why do some of the dates not appear in order ?

I tried to login and look, but I don't seem to be able to get at the backend, it just keeps redirecting me to the front end. Doesn't seem to be anything in the Notes on your My Sites about any 'secret word' to append to the admin URL, which is usually the plugin that does that ... so it has to be /administrator?somethingVerySecret

-- hugh

Hi Hugh
this is there, it was under notes. Updated site details to use the correct link now.
take note of the notes box, in case.

Matthew

Ah! I saw that line, but with the siziing of my window, that admin url has "phpMyAdmin" on the end (which is actually the "label" for the next URL), and I thought what is actually the workign admin URL was the phpMyAdmin one. My bad, apologies.

I'll go take a look now.

-- hugh

OK, it's because even though the visible label for the options only shows the month and day, the actual value of the options includes the year. And while most of them are set to 1970, there's a few (those Nov ones) which are set to 1969. And the ordering of that menu is done by value, not label. So of course 1969-11-29 orders before any 1970-xx-xx date.

You'll probaby need to manually fix those, easiest way would be with phpMyAdmin (or whatever) and just change them to 1970 by hand.

Plus you have a couple which are just junk dates, like 1970-00-00.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back