1. Fabrik 3.9 has been released. If you have updated Joomla to 3.9, this is a required update.
    Dismiss Notice

SOLVED :: There was an error uploading this file to the server.

Discussion in 'Standard Support' started by IamJim, Sep 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IamJim

IamJim Member

Level: Community
    OK, sorry to post...as I did not have a clue and this will help others

1) Fresh Joomla 3.1.5 site on one of my remote cPanel VPS's
    2) pkg_fabrik_3.1b.zip
    3) Extension Manager > Upload Package File =
    Error

There was an error uploading this file to the server.

4) Set up FTP and placed file in /public_html/tmp/pkg_fabrik_3.1b.zip

Error

Please enter a package directory

5) Went here: http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/index/
    then here: http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/prerequisites/#fabrik-3-1

Confused on:
    Fabrik 3.1 (top)

• Fabrik 3.1 installs on top of Joomla 2.5 and 3, it does not support older versions of Joomla.
    • PHP: 5.3.1 +
      • Magic Quotes GPC off
      • allow_url_fopen = 1
    • Mysql 5.1 + (InnoDB support required)
    • A Joomla template that Supports the bootstrap framework
    Anyway=
    allow_url_fopen On On
    So, any help please? [SOLVED MYSELF]
    for the record =
    file_uploads On On
    max_file_uploads 20 20
    This did the trick ~~ both in root and admin folders
    php.ini
    magic_quotes_gpc = Off
    session.save_path = "/tmp"
    file_uploads = On
    upload_max_filesize = 10M
    post_max_size = 10M
    <Files php.ini>
    order allow,deny
    deny from all
    </Files>

2. troester

troester Well-Known Member Staff Member

Other possibility (e.g. if you aren't allowed to modify php.ini)
    http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/installation-instructions/#installing-fabrik3-x

3. IamJim

IamJim Member

Greetings Troester, and yes and thanks for "all your posts and help" to date..

1) Operating on 4 gig plan for now = http://www.mycricket.com/broadband/plans
    a) $45.00 usd/month = $11.25/gig = $0.010986 per Megabyte
    b) Download of github = 22meg Upload = what.. 40meg? = $ 0.68 cents per instance
    c) If I had to do this every day? And I haven't even got started yet....and been waiting a year for this to evolve and see what I thought simple things getting resolved [before subscribing like I just did], so add on another $ 27.00USD a month and fabrik would eat/cost bandwidth daily worst case 1.7gig so about $ 20.00 in data charges

What am I getting at? Well, along with "time spent, learning, trouble shooting...finding bugs and errors" with this, I myself being only self employed with no income and hustling work from Craigs for web stuff? I sure could use the $ 47.00 spent on this [smile]

2) Without Fabrik and downloads/uploads etc? The bandwidth problem non-existing with 4 gig.

So?

3) I already got screwed [smile] out of 3 days upon initial subscription etc....I am sure they'll adjust it...but anyway?

Let's get this Dog & Pony show on the road~~ <smile> and see what Fabrik really can do. I've been messing with this on and off mentally for over 1% of my life already... :)

a) How about a directory like SobiPro has built in? Does this exist? I am sure not, but I wonder why? Heck, I didn't know what I would have rec'd in exchange for becoming a member/subscriber here

b) Classified paid ads system? Has anyone built one? My goal a tyear ago with this involved Mapping and GEO code stuff...and that is still needing help...and a reason I subscribed now...as felt things were finally happening in a GOOD way..

c) See? Right now, I have the need for a "somewhat simple classified ads" system that involves billing via Paypal etc.. I thought about using [again] Dj Extensions Classifieds...the guy would have been happier than heck already...It would have cost me just $ 75.00 with 6 months of support = $ 12.50 per month and I had bought it also back in late 2010 for site...and all bugs I reported? Were handled within 24 hours [meaning I did not have to trouble shoot and solve his problems in code]...and many ideas I had to help it...he added.

So, My post here was informative to help anyone else...and a lot of it is also VENTING ...in which I feel a little bit better <laugh> as the steps I took & reported...eliminated extra work with use of 2 small files.

What I do not understand on J3.1.5 is? It installed and showed w/ 2meg max upload & post etc...and yet I have my server(s) set higher...and the 2.5.x sees the change?

I used to [in the old wiki] have posting priveledges...not sure if I do now, but getting the gist of what I did in there for others...could help? I would have been adding it

Thanks again for your help [ and all others so far], and let the party begin !!

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.