• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

SOLVED :: There was an error uploading this file to the server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

IamJim

OK, sorry to post...as I did not have a clue and this will help others

1) Fresh Joomla 3.1.5 site on one of my remote cPanel VPS's
2) pkg_fabrik_3.1b.zip
3) Extension Manager > Upload Package File =
Error

There was an error uploading this file to the server.

4) Set up FTP and placed file in /public_html/tmp/pkg_fabrik_3.1b.zip

Error

Please enter a package directory

5) Went here: http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/index/
then here: http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/prerequisites/#fabrik-3-1

Confused on:
Fabrik 3.1 (top)

• Fabrik 3.1 installs on top of Joomla 2.5 and 3, it does not support older versions of Joomla.
  • PHP: 5.3.1 +
    • Magic Quotes GPC off
    • allow_url_fopen = 1
  • Mysql 5.1 + (InnoDB support required)
  • A Joomla template that Supports the bootstrap framework
Anyway=
allow_url_fopen On On
So, any help please? [SOLVED MYSELF]
for the record =
file_uploads On On
max_file_uploads 20 20
This did the trick ~~ both in root and admin folders
php.ini
magic_quotes_gpc = Off
session.save_path = "/tmp"
file_uploads = On
upload_max_filesize = 10M
post_max_size = 10M
<Files php.ini>
order allow,deny
deny from all
</Files>

Other possibility (e.g. if you aren't allowed to modify php.ini)
If you get an error message or the browser is still working after 10 minutes and showing nothing when trying to install via uploading the zip, follow these instructions to install from the directory:
  • Unzip the pkg_fabrik_3.x.zip file on your computer.
  • Upload all files to a folder on your server e.g. /usr/home/public_html/tmp/com_fabrik.
  • Go to your site's administration page.
  • Select Extensions > Extension Manager.
  • In the 'Install from Directory' section, in the 'Install Directory' field, enter the path where you uploaded our files e.g. /usr/home/public_html/tmp/com_fabrik.
  • Press the 'Install' button next to the 'Install Directory' field.
http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/installation-instructions/#installing-fabrik3-x

Greetings Troester, and yes and thanks for "all your posts and help" to date..

1) Operating on 4 gig plan for now = http://www.mycricket.com/broadband/plans
a) $45.00 usd/month = $11.25/gig = $0.010986 per Megabyte
b) Download of github = 22meg Upload = what.. 40meg? = $ 0.68 cents per instance
c) If I had to do this every day? And I haven't even got started yet....and been waiting a year for this to evolve and see what I thought simple things getting resolved [before subscribing like I just did], so add on another $ 27.00USD a month and fabrik would eat/cost bandwidth daily worst case 1.7gig so about $ 20.00 in data charges

What am I getting at? Well, along with "time spent, learning, trouble shooting...finding bugs and errors" with this, I myself being only self employed with no income and hustling work from Craigs for web stuff? I sure could use the $ 47.00 spent on this [smile]

2) Without Fabrik and downloads/uploads etc? The bandwidth problem non-existing with 4 gig.

So?

3) I already got screwed [smile] out of 3 days upon initial subscription etc....I am sure they'll adjust it...but anyway?

Let's get this Dog & Pony show on the road~~ <smile> and see what Fabrik really can do. I've been messing with this on and off mentally for over 1% of my life already... :)

a) How about a directory like SobiPro has built in? Does this exist? I am sure not, but I wonder why? Heck, I didn't know what I would have rec'd in exchange for becoming a member/subscriber here

b) Classified paid ads system? Has anyone built one? My goal a tyear ago with this involved Mapping and GEO code stuff...and that is still needing help...and a reason I subscribed now...as felt things were finally happening in a GOOD way..

c) See? Right now, I have the need for a "somewhat simple classified ads" system that involves billing via Paypal etc.. I thought about using [again] Dj Extensions Classifieds...the guy would have been happier than heck already...It would have cost me just $ 75.00 with 6 months of support = $ 12.50 per month and I had bought it also back in late 2010 for site...and all bugs I reported? Were handled within 24 hours [meaning I did not have to trouble shoot and solve his problems in code]...and many ideas I had to help it...he added.

So, My post here was informative to help anyone else...and a lot of it is also VENTING ...in which I feel a little bit better <laugh> as the steps I took & reported...eliminated extra work with use of 2 small files.

What I do not understand on J3.1.5 is? It installed and showed w/ 2meg max upload & post etc...and yet I have my server(s) set higher...and the 2.5.x sees the change?

I used to [in the old wiki] have posting priveledges...not sure if I do now, but getting the gist of what I did in there for others...could help? I would have been adding it

Thanks again for your help [ and all others so far], and let the party begin !!

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back