[SOLVED] Where clause in "Data - where" tab of databasejoin element

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcq

Hi,

I have created a Form with a databasejoin Element (checkbox layout) in order to list records from a repeated group table (gprh_fabrik_user_enrollment_repeat_choix_formation).

I'm trying now to display only the records that has been checked previously (databasejoin Element : gprh_fabrik_user_enrollment___choix_formation) when I'm editing the form.

I need to retrieve (display) only the records from the gprh_fabrik_user_enrollment_repeat_choix_formation .parent_id which are equal to the form Id (gprh_fabrik_user_enrollment___id).

I have read carefully the "Database join element" wiki and tried to add a where clause in the "Data - where" tab field, but I where unable to succeed. Example :

WHERE gprh_fabrik_user_enrollment_repeat_choix_formation.parent_id = {thistable}.id

id = 4 and I have two records with parent_id = 4 in the gprh_fabrik_user_enrollment_repeat_choix_formation table.

I'll get one record displayed, but I should get two, since two record has been checked previously.

Would appreciate if someone could explain me how to do it.

Thanks in advance,

Marc

{thistable} is a placeholder for the table your dbjoin element is pointing to (NOT the table your form is linked to).
So try
WHERE {thistable}.parent_id = {rowid}
or
WHERE {thistable}.parent_id = {your-form-table___id_raw}

{thistable} is a placeholder for the table your dbjoin element is pointing to (NOT the table your form is linked to).
So try
WHERE {thistable}.parent_id = {rowid}
or
WHERE {thistable}.parent_id = {gprh_fabrik_user_enrollment___id_raw}

Thank you for your explanations troester, but both solutions doesn't work. No records are displayed. Any ideas how I could solve this ?

Which copy of the choix_formation element is this? You seem to have five, and I don't see any WHERE clauses on any of them (except one that orders it).

Let me know which one (element ID) and which form that is on.

-- hugh

OK, because this is a checkbox join, which because it allows multiple selection has a many-to-many map table between "this" table and the target table, you need to extract the ID's form that ...

Code:
WHERE {thistable}.id IN (SELECT choix_formation FROM gprh_fabrik_user_enrollment_repeat_choix_formation WHERE parent_id = '{gprh_fabrik_user_enrollment___id_raw}')

-- hugh

OK, because this is a checkbox join, which because it allows multiple selection has a many-to-many map table between "this" table and the target table, you need to extract the ID's form that ...

Code:
WHERE {thistable}.id IN (SELECT choix_formation FROM gprh_fabrik_user_enrollment_repeat_choix_formation WHERE parent_id = '{gprh_fabrik_user_enrollment___id_raw}')

-- hugh

Understood ! It is working as it should. Thanks Hugh again,bye, Marc

I'm not sure this is the right approach to take though, I'd have thought just making it read only for edit would work better.

-- hugh

I'm not sure this is the right approach to take though, I'd have thought just making it read only for edit would work better.

-- hugh

Your approach meet my needs Hugh : total is displayed in list and form and registered into the database. Thanks ! Cheers, Marc

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back