1. Fabrik 3.8.1 has been released. It is mostly bug fixes and feature enhancements, but does include two new plugins (push notifications, and the sequence element). As usual we strongly recommend testing the new release on a sandbox if your application is mission critical, and always do an Akeeba backup before updating.

Stack Overflow

Discussion in 'Community' started by flaterik, Feb 12, 2009.

1. flaterik

flaterik New Member

Level: Community
    Hi with the last configuration of Fabrik i resolved the Display text area problem but i have another problem. Now my site is not offline but online, and i see this error that offline i don't see.

WIth Internet Explorer 7 i see this:
    Stack Overflow at line : 50
    Stack Overflow at line : 19

This is my actual problem, with firefox work fine. I hav'nt tried with IE 6.

Thanks for the supoprt. You are a great Staff!

2. cheesegrits

cheesegrits Support Gopher Staff Member

Level: Professional
    That one is almost always down to another component or module including a different version of Mootools. Check your page (easiest way is with FireBug in FireFox, but just checking the source of the page will do) and see if anything else is including mootools.js (or similar name).

Do you have the "Use Fabrik Mootools" option set (under Parameters, top right of the table admin page).

-- hugh

3. aldan

aldan Member

Level: Standard
    to add to this thread...

all Internet Explorer versions (6, 7 AND 8) generate Stack Overflow error for me when Mootools is set to 1.2. Everything is fine with 1.1 though. Needless to say, Firefox works fine no matter what.

If someone wants to investigate more in this issue, i'll be happy to be of assistance

thanks
    Alex

4. cheesegrits

cheesegrits Support Gopher Staff Member

Level: Professional
    A stack overflow pretty much always means your page is including both versions of mootools, 1.11 and 1.2. There is a module in the downloads section of this site called 'remove mootools 1.11' (or some such). Installing that, and setting it to some module position you don't use, and making the order 99999 (so it runs last) should let you remove the 1.11 being included by some other component.

Then it's kinda pot luck as to whether the other component which uses moo 1.11 is going to work. We do provide a 1.11 compatiblity layer, but it doesn't cover all possible issues.

-- hugh