strange behaviour with autocomplete, concat, separators and loading time

mirceat

Hello,

I have a list with many rows, in which i want to search after company name, SSN or phone number. There are over 2 mil rows so i'm trying to load the data fast as i can.

I've created a dbjoin element rendered as autocomplete. Few things here:

1. Using company as label rise the load time to over 9 seconds. Tried with and without indexing the column (even worse without index)

2. Using the ID as label the load time drop to 3.42 seconds. Good enough.

But users will search after company name or SSN or owner phone. So i tried to concat the label:

- using COMPANIE, '', SSN,'', TELEFON (no space in separators or no separators at all): DOMContentLoaded: 11,54 s

- using COMPANIE, ' ', SSN,' ', TELEFON (spaces between separators), DOMContentLoaded: 3,97 s.

That's good, but now i have two empty spaces left and the autocomplete stops working untill i remove those empty spaces from field. The "trim empty concat" option doesn't help here..

So..how can i concat the label and still having a good load time?

Thank you

I'm talking about the load time for the whole page. There are only 8 field elements + this dbjoin in form and the load time increases only if i enable the dbjoin element.

That's weird, as the autocomplete shouldn't do an unconstrained select of the joined table. On page load, it should either just select the existing value/label (so a single row), or none (if no selection). Does it do that on new and edit?

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back