• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Stripe best practices

If you update from github, then "discover" in J!'s extension manager, it should be there to install.

Easiest way to just test it initially is to just hard wire a cost and an item description (those setting sallow you to specify a fixed amount, or an element which specifies the amount). And of course use your test credentials for Stripe, and enable test mode in the plugin settings.

-- hugh

Hugh,

Happy New Year. I will test it on some of our sports sites starting today. Thank you for your dedication.

OK, I got the address collection stuff going.

http://screencast.com/t/k0YkQFHtH

So, you tell it the "customer table" you want to use (in my case, my Profile list), telling it the user ID element and Stripe customer ID element on that table, and during submission it will attempt to create a Stripe customer, with the payment source they specified. Then it inserts or updates a row in your customer table with the address and Stripe customer ID. Then it runs the Stripe transaction.

When the form loads, it checks to see if the logged on user has a Stripe ID in your customer table. If it does, we won't invoke that Stripe dialog, instead we insert that "Pay for item with existing card ending in XXX". If it doesn't, we popup the Stripe data collection dialog on submit.

(In the screencast, I don't have a redirect set on that form, and it just reloads the form after submission (easier for testing), which is why it came back and re-opened the form with the existing customer details).

Still a ways to go, but the basics are there. It records the Stripe transaction ID in the main form, and the customer details in the custome table you tell it about.

-- hugh
This is great, Hugh!

Hugh,

I forked the github and properly upgraded and cleared the cache for fabrik. Although I see the Stripe files in the server, I don't see the Stripe option in the Form plugin as a drop down selection. Am I looking in the correct place?

I am doing a full reinstall to clean up several years of old Fabrik installations. I will get back to you after re-installation.

Ill post my ftp and server access in my Fabrik profile. Feel free to have a look whenever you wish.

Rob

You have to do a J! "discover" and install for any plugins which aren't a part of the core, and which you haven't installed with an actual installer ZIP. Just uploading the code for J! plugins doesn't install them.

So J! Extension manager, Discover, then install the "Fabrik from - Stripe" (or whatever I called it), then make sure you enable it (under Manage extensions).

You'll see a truck load (that's an official unit of weight and measurement here in Alabama) of Fabrik plugins when you discover.

-- hugh

You have to do a J! "discover" and install for any plugins which aren't a part of the core, and which you haven't installed with an actual installer ZIP. Just uploading the code for J! plugins doesn't install them.

So J! Extension manager, Discover, then install the "Fabrik from - Stripe" (or whatever I called it), then make sure you enable it (under Manage extensions).

You'll see a truck load (that's an official unit of weight and measurement here in Alabama) of Fabrik plugins when you discover.

-- hugh
I have the same issue

I have the same issue
Hugh,

Thanks for the follow up. I am familiar with the process you explained and confident I followed instructions properly. However, the Stripe plugin doesn't appear in the form.

I would guess it's an xml issue. Can you check to see if you included the xml in the package?

Thanks Hugh!

I'll try installing it from scratch on a fresh install of Joomla. There's often teething issues with new plugins I've only ever run on my dev server and never actually installed from scratch.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

No, I manually added it, this is the only way J can discover it

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3010 using Tapatalk

I added the xml yesterday. About to commit a few fixes to the JS, forgot I was half way through a new feature and had broken things in the process.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I finally figured that out. I really thought I'd committed both the XML files the other day.

It's there now. And a fix for the JS.

-- hugh

Almost there. I had a successful transaction but still had errors in the process. I attached screen shots.

On a side note, I am struggling with juser and the sync of usergroup joomla with usergroup fabrik. i get "Null" regardless of settings. This is new with 3.5.1 upgrade. Never had issues before.

Snapshots:
https://360sportsinc.com/plugins/fabrik_form/stripe/screenshots/Capture.PNG
https://360sportsinc.com/plugins/fabrik_form/stripe/screenshots/Capture2.PNG
https://360sportsinc.com/plugins/fabrik_form/stripe/screenshots/Capture3.PNG
https://360sportsinc.com/plugins/fabrik_form/stripe/screenshots/Capture4.PNG

Stuff:
-using https
-Using the latest version of Joomla
-Using the most recent fork of fabrik (yes, all files updated with stripe update)
-No other 3rd party integrations

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back