• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Struggling to get MailChimp integration to play along

I've managed to get a reply back from MailChimp:

mailchimp: there is no record of "xxxx@xxxx.com" in the database

On MailChimp's side, I get two entries:

Date/Time Result Throttled? Source IP Method Format Exec Time User Agent Ver Response
2017-02-16 10:23:39 GMT

nope xx.xx.xx.xx listUnsubscribe php 0.018s MCAPI/1.3 1.3 (232) Email_NotExists
2017-02-16 10:23:19 GMT

nope xx.xx.xx.xx listMembers php 0.018s MCAPI/1.3 1.3 n/a

So, I've tried this with two settings now, 'update existing subscriber' (which I want), on, then I get no error back. When it's off, I get the error in Joomla. However, both times, the error does show up on MailChimp's side.

Something else I've noticed, when I switch off, 'user confirmation required' (in this case, I am asking them to sign up, so the checkbox is really redundant), nothing happens, no error from MailChimp and also nothing about an API call.

BTW, what would be the shortcode to update a subscriber's sub group under 'Group Options'? I think the wiki entry might be outdated regarding this.

Bingo!

Ok, so for anyone else battling with this. While testing it, I still had my Fabrik email plugin activated. This seemed to have caused a conflict with the MailChimp plugin. So I deleted the email plugin and it worked as advertised.

Figured out the shortcode as per wiki.

Just one issue still. The 'User confirmation required' checkbox is redundant in this case, but if I switch it off, nothing happens, the user does not get added on MailChimp side. As a temporary fix, I changed the checkbox to say, 'Confirm you're not a robot'. It's the only way to get past this for now.

On second thought, it's actually quite a pity that you cannot send emails from Fabrik when it's integrated with MailChimp. MailChimp does not seem to send notifications to an admin, so it would have been great to still be able to email an admin about any sign ups from Fabrik.

I can't replicate the problem with an email plugin in conjunction with Mailchimp. Works fine for me. Don't know if it makes any difference, but I have my email plugin running after the Mailchimp one (so after it in the list of plugins on the form).

-- hugh

Aha, I didn't have that. How do you change the order? Delete, set up in right sequence?

bj?rn
- from tapatalk

Ah, just saw the fix for checkbox. Awesome, thanks!
Is that in the latest github or... how does it work?

Thanks for pointing me down this road Hugh. Really appreciate all your wise advice.

bj?rn
- from tapatalk

Yes, to change the order you have to recreate one of them, there's no way to reorder them. Kinda sucks, but the code to allow reordering would be a nightmare.

Yes, do a full github update. As usual, back up your site, and if it's mission critical, always best to test in a sandbox first.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back