1. Fabrik 3.9 has been released. If you have updated Joomla to 3.9, this is a required update.
    Dismiss Notice

[SUGGESTION] - New calendar structure idea!

Discussion in 'Community' started by techpoint, Oct 27, 2011.

1. techpoint

techpoint New Member

Level: Community
  2. Jaanus

Jaanus Super Moderator

I can suggest to check component GCalendar that uses the same thing as I know
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. techpoint

techpoint New Member

Uhm... yes, sure.. but Google Calendar works using libraries loaded directly from google servers, isn't right?
    I assume that it should be better if we can use fabrik internal libraries.

There're some scenarios in which users could use their software on lan... so, if they don't have internet they could not use the calendar.

4. felixkat

felixkat Senior Member

It's jquery by the looks of it, not too sure what impact that will have....

5. Jaanus

Jaanus Super Moderator

when talking about an ideal calendar structure - it would allow to separate all day events and events with time specified. GCalendar component is able to do it. Fabrik has some GCal sync functions (from Google to database and vice versa). Some plugin f+ gcalendar would be nice :)

EDIT: I imagine its functionality so that while GCalendar component grabs new and existing data from Google Calendar (doing it very fast!), the possible Fabrik plugin inserts/updates/deletes this data in database table every time when something from GCalendar component is displayed. New events or their modifications from database to Google Calendar would be inserted throuhg form submission plugin GCal.

I also know at least one needed change whenever such feature would be implemented. We have then to reject the "datetime" field type and use "date" and "time" instead. That would be necessary to handle differently the "all day" events and events with time specified. Plus - we should take in account that in Google's output code (both xml and ical) the end dates of "all day" events are always real end date + 1 day.