• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

SVN Revision532 NO JAVASCRIPT ACTIONS

atticsolutions

Hello, i updated Fabrik and now none of my Javascript Actions work. this is a real problem. really big one. surely others have faced this issue aswell. let me know, soonish!

i am also getting an error when i look into firebug;
Code:
el.appendChild is not a function
this has only just started since i did the update, i have not installed any other modules, or anything else, it is only doing it on one of the forms, not any of the others. what could be the problem?

I have just backdated the SVN to 373 by replacing the files through ftp and it seems to have resolved the problem;.... only now the new functionality of the latest svn is not available to me.. ill keep checkin it all out, and let you know

I just updated to the latest svn, got the problem again, backdated and it went away, so it is definitely in the update. let me know if you need a hand sorting out the problem

I can't duplicate this problem.

Can you send me login details so I can take a look? Remember to include a link back to this thread to remind me what its about.

-- hugh

i have sent the login details
It seems to have something to do with the custom template i am using. i changed to a default template and it worked fine. how can the problem be rectified?

Can you post your template here? I tried using the ftp details you sent me, but I just get a blank directory.

-- hugh

I don't see anything obvious, I'll have to see it in action on your site. But it's way late, so I'll take a look tomorrow.

Whats the template name I'm looking for?

-- hugh

try putting your window.addEvent('domready', function(e){ ....}) code after the line

<?php echo $this->jsActions; ?>

I've no idea why, but that seems to work for me

Cheers
Rob

Hugh, it is the template called 2items;
Rob, that worked fine, also no idea why; did everything look hunky dory in the template, or did i do something silly?

Thanks stacks for solving this.
Josh

BTW, in one of your PM's on this topic you mentioned getting script timeout errors when exporting. Is that still a problem?

-- hugh

that is still occurring Hugh,

if i export the Table Records, and/or the table structure (drop & create tables), it downloads, but i get the following in the xml file:

Code:
 <?xml version="1.0" ?> 
- <mosinstall type="fabrik" version="1.0">
 <queries /> 
 <files /> 
 </mosinstall>

if i export fabrik Data it times out and goes to http://atticsolutions.com.au/administrator/index3.php and i get
Code:
Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/att13999/public_html/includes/PEAR/PEAR.php on line 870
on the web page;

if i export another different table, it still goes to http://atticsolutions.com.au/administrator/index3.php but with no error. when i refresh the page, i have to log back into joomla backend. i can export the different table, but when i import it into a different website, nothing appears, but there is actual data in the file. so im stumped. if you could have a look that would be great.

side note:
**The other table was very basic, and did not have any custom templates, or anything else**

Thanks josh

Hugh, try logging into the back end and using the export function. maybe you can figure it out, the login details are the same as yesterday

Where do i find the php.ini file on a unix server? i have not set anything from the defaults it should be in /usr/local/Zend/etc/php.ini but i cant seem to find that directory...

It could be in many places depending on your flavor of UN*X, what Control Panel, whether your run an encoder, etc etc.

Just:

find / -name php.ini

... should find you the likely candidates.

-- hugh

i have not setup shell access on the server yet, but when i use

Code:
<?php
phpinfo();
?>

it states it is in /usr/local/Zend/etc/php.ini, is where it is located, but there is no usr file, or anything of the sort

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back