SVN Updates

Discussion in 'Fabrik 2.0 Beta Testing' started by yellowhousedesign, Dec 8, 2008.

1. yellowhousedesign New Member

Level: Community
    Hi, I'm a little new and just had a quick question. With these SVN updates, if another is one made available, is this reflected within the 2.0 beta download or is this a separate area? Thanks for your help!
  2. AniMo New Member

Level: Standard
  3. yellowhousedesign New Member

Hey, thanks for the info. I downloaded the SVN updates into a folder on my desktop. I then wanted to install fabrik as a new install with all of these files and did as it says: "To install the exported SVN files as a component form scratch, create a new folder called "com_fabrik" and copy into this the files found in "administrator/components/com_fabrik" and "components/com_fabrik". Make a zip out of the com_fabrik folder and install this as a new component. " but am I including folders? (such as administrator>components>com_fabrik) because if I do, it says no package directory and if I don't it's trying to overwrite filenames that are the same in the component and administrator directory. Thanks, I really appreciate all of your help.
  4. Francesco New Member

As you can see in Announcements Forum section, fabrik2.0b3 was released on 12 november 2008. In the dowload area you get that version.

I you want to use Fabrik 2.0 (warning is still a beta version!), I suggest you to get the last SVN:
    it is different from fabrik2.0b3 because it is updated almost every day, whenever a bug is fixed or Fabrik developers make improvements to the code.

To install the last SVN look:
    http://fabrikar.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=11&Itemid=47

I suggest you to install Fabrik 2.0 last SVN using the "Install from Directory" method in Joomla and not the "Upload Package File" method, because often you have timeout problem during installation.
    So do this:
    1) create a "fabrik2svn" folder and put inside all SVN files and folders, using Tortoise SVN Export...
    2) cut the file \fabrik2svn\administrator\components\com_fabrik\fabrik.xml
    and paste it in "fabrik2svn" folder
    3) upload all files and folders that you find in "fabrik2svn" folder to the "tmp" folder
    4) Install.

-------------------
    Hi Rob and Hugh, I think this thread should be moved to Fabrik 2.0.x -> FAQ Forum section!

or better in this page
    http://fabrikar.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=11&Itemid=47
    you should add the "Install from Directory" procedure
  5. yellowhousedesign New Member

Hey, thanks for the info. I downloaded the SVN updates into a folder on my desktop. I then wanted to install fabrik as a new install with all of these files and did as it says: "To install the exported SVN files as a component form scratch, create a new folder called "com_fabrik" and copy into this the files found in "administrator/components/com_fabrik" and "components/com_fabrik". Make a zip out of the com_fabrik folder and install this as a new component. " but am I including folders? (such as administrator>components>com_fabrik) because if I do, it says no package directory and if I don't it's trying to overwrite filenames that are the same in the component and administrator directory. Thanks, I really appreciate all of your help.
  6. Francesco New Member

I suggest you to install Fabrik 2.0 last SVN using the "Install from Directory" method in Joomla and not the "Upload Package File" method, because often you have timeout problem during installation.

Look the instructions in the thread above, I modified them to be more easy to understand!
  7. cheesegrits Support Gopher

YHD ... sounds like you are following some instructions for an install of Fabrik 1.0.x on J! 1.0.x. The J! 1.5 component install structure is different.

Just follow the instructions Francesco gave you. Upload the 'fabrik2svn' folder to your server, so you have a /path/to/your/tmp/fabrik2svn, and point J!'s component installer at that folder.

Francesco - yes, it's time we updated those SVN instructions. I'm raising a ticket for it, I'll find some time to do it asap.

-- hugh
  8. yellowhousedesign New Member

Hey, thanks of everyone's help on this. I got it to install fine, but I guess this would be part of the beta process, I found multiple errors.

1. The 'repeat' feature actually doesn't work as well as the initial 2.0b3 download. It 'sometimes' works and is very glitchy.
    2. Exporting data comes up with table errors saying it does not exist... when it does.
    3. Did not send out any emails using the 'submission options'

I figured out how to install a SVN and that works great. I just wish the 1.06 version would work in legacy mode. All I need is that form to work with the repeater function. Oh well.. thanks again though. Any thoughts on the problems I listed?
  9. yellowhousedesign New Member

Is there a way to display elements in columns for the Joomla 1.0 version like in 2.0?