1. Fabrik 3.9 has been released. If you have updated Joomla to 3.9, this is a required update.
    Dismiss Notice

syntaxError: Unexpected token < in JSON at position 1

Discussion in 'Community' started by jmoises, Dec 10, 2019.

1. jmoises

jmoises Member

Level: Community
    Hi, i create a button element that show using javasctipt a Form, i am using the log form plugin if is active i have and error, i have to disable the log form plugin to be able to save/close the form.

Code (Text):
    <br />
    <b>Notice</b>:  Array to string conversion in <b>/home/miapp/public_html/mysite.net/plugins/fabrik_form/logs/logs.php</b> on line <b>270</b><br />
    <br />
    <b>Notice</b>:  Array to string conversion in <b>/home/miapp/public_html/mysite.net/plugins/fabrik_form/logs/logs.php</b> on line <b>270</b><br />
    <br />
    {"msg":"","url":"http:\/\/mysite.net\/index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=form&Itemid=153&formid=1&rowid=9&listid=1","baseRedirect":true,"rowid":"1","suppressMsg":true}: SyntaxError: Unexpected token < in JSON at position 1

here is where i start
    https://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?threads/solved-close-popup-window-with-javascript.51060/

2. troester

troester Well-Known Member Staff Member

It doesn't solve the underlying issue but the notice (and so the JS error) should be gone if you set your Joomla error reporting to standard or none.

jmoises likes this.
  3. jmoises

jmoises Member

yes that work, i did test it but do i close the post ?

4. troester

troester Well-Known Member Staff Member

Do you have a repeat group? Is the issue only on new records?
    As far as I can see the log plugin doesn't work correctly with repeat groups in new records.

5. jmoises

jmoises Member

I test it on a simple New Record Form no repeat groups.

6. cheesegrits

cheesegrits Support Gopher Staff Member

The log plugin was contributed by a user a long time ago and hasn't been maintained. I have no plans to work on it, as it really just needs to be rewritten from the ground up. Next time I have a paying client who needs journalling / logging, I'll create a new plugin.

-- hugh

jmoises likes this.
  7. jmoises

jmoises Member

this plugin works ok, but didnt know is old code.

8. jmoises

jmoises Member

is there is any other alternitive to logs?

thank you

9. juuser

juuser Active Member

There is a new "log" (not logs) plugin that works great.