SyntaxError: Unexpected token <

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgreer65

All,

I am getting the subject syntax error when I click save on a form. I have been troubleshooting this for a couple days and haven't had much luck. I have seen a few posts with this problem, but they are either unanswered or I tried the 'solution' and it didn't work.

One interesting thing in troubleshooting, I do not get this error when I call the form directly from the menu as an item. I do get this error pretty much every other way I can call the form on the site (via a module, via content plug-in).

Any thoughts are appreciated, as I seem to be getting nowhere.

Sorry, but can you PM me the details as well?

::sigh:: we really need to sort out a better way of sharing logins ...

-- hugh

Hugh, I have sent you the information. I am also having issues redirecting forms, but one step at a time!

There's a thread about this error and jumi
http://fabrikar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27715

Do you have jumi installed?

I do have jumi installed, and I did see this thread before I posted, and I tried turning off the error reporting. Initially, I thought that my situation was different because of the menu issue. But, upon reading this thread again, realized that the issue is similar. I am not exactly sure how to modify the jumi code, but willing to try. Along these lines, I found this post: http://2glux.com/forum/jumi/working-great-but-errors-logged-t148.html. I may have a go trying that.

Is there a better extension out there than jumi for this type of thing?

I quickly tried to update like the other thread I found said, and as hugh suggested in the last post with the if (JRequest::getVar('format', '') == 'raw') statement; however, this problem still persists.

I don't want to waste everyone's time here if we are confident this is a jumi issue...again, I would be open to suggestions on comparable extensions.

Depends what you use JUMI for but I have up on it when it wasn't updated for a year or so. I use Sourcerer now, in fact any extension by this developer I give the thumbs up to.

Sourcerer

If you suspect JUMI being an issue just disabling it in plugins and then test.

thanks for the lead on a replacement to Jumi - if in fact it really is the issue.

I did try disabling the jumi plugins and testing; however, I still got the same error - so maybe this isn't a jumi issue?

The login you gave me in PM doesn't work, on either the front or the backend.

"Username and password do not match or you do not have an account yet"

-- hugh

Hugh,

The error only shows up after the form is submitted. I have attached pre/post pictures of the form and the error I am getting.

Thanks,
Michael

Attachments

• pre click.png
    pre click.png
    143.5 KB · Views: 402
  • post click.png
    post click.png
    143.2 KB · Views: 401
OK, there seems to be some problem with com_config. I'm getting the occasionaly warning message from J! about it, and parts of Fabrik on the backend are crashing because our calls to get the com_config settings, like ...

PHP:
$config = JComponentHelper::getParams('com_config');

... are returning null, which they they never should.

This may or may not be related to the <? issue, but until you have resolved your com_config issues, there's not much I can do to debug that.

I don't really have much by way of suggestions for debugging or fixing those com_config issues. Probably start by double checking your $configuration.php, and re-installing the J! code.

-- hugh

thanks for having a look. is com_config supposed to be a folder in the j! components folder? If so, this doesn't seem to be in my components folder...

Michael

hugh, also, I am now looking at this again myself, and have noticed that I am getting more warning/error messages on many of my pages than I was getting prior. also, I am getting a popup when I submit the form that reads null now? Did you change a setting? I noticed jumi was disabled too.

Not complaining as I greatly appreciate the help! I am just new to Joomla/Fabrik, so at this point it is not obvious to me what may have changed.

UPDATE: I noticed that there is an error reporting drop down. I am still interested in the com_config question above though! thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back