• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

template placed into the tmpl folder for email plugin not showing up in dropdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

wqwi853

I created an html template for the email plugin for a form I have. I uploaded the html file into the /plugins/fabrik_form/email/tmpl folder but it doesn't show up as a option in the PHP/HTML Template dropdown.

Does anyone know why this would happen?

I can't replicate this, and we use the built in JFormFieldFilelist type for that setting, so building the dropdown of files is all handled by Joomla.

Maybe check permissions on the uploaded file?

-- hugh

I presume you've reloaded the form edit page since putting the file in the folder?

I really don't have anything else to suggest. That dropdown is built by Joomla, not by us, from the files returned here:

https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/blob/staging/libraries/joomla/form/fields/filelist.php#L212

We don't specify a filter in our XML ...

Code:
            <field name="email_template"
                type="filelist"
                description="PLG_FABRIK_FORM_EMAIL_TEMPLATE_DESC"
                directory="/plugins/fabrik_form/email/tmpl/"
                hide_default="1"
                label="PLG_FABRIK_FORM_EMAIL_TEMPLATE_LABEL"
                repeat="true" />

... so JFormFieldFileList should just return the full list of files in that folder.

Try putting another file in there, maybe a .php, see if it makes any difference.

And double check you are looking at the right copy of Joomla.

-- hugh

@cheesegrits thank you so much for bearing with my stupidity. I figured out the problem. I was looking at the wrong /plugin/ folder the entire time. I was looking in the plugins folder within the administrator folder and not the root of the website. I figured this out by changing the filename of one of the php files and saw that it didn't change in the dropdown.

I did a find command and saw that there are two different plugin folders and realized my mistake.

Thanks again @cheesegrits

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back