text and buttons alignment in lists

brgrn

Hi,

I recently upgraded my site from 3.0.6 to 3.0.7 and i face now a problem with text and buttons aligment in lists.

When the fields contain several lignes of text, the buttons on the right side are placed verticaly (they were always horizontaly align in 3.0.6). The problem is that the the fields (text) are verticaly align after the buttons, giving several blank lignes at the begining of each field.

Help please

Can you give us a link to the page? Sounds like a CSS issue, which we can't really debug without access to the page.

-- hugh

Can you give us a link to the page? Sounds like a CSS issue, which we can't really debug without access to the page.

-- hugh
Hi,
The new release of my site is not yet on line. I join an image to illustrate the problem.

Attachments

• Capture_fabrik.JPG
    Capture_fabrik.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 234
Ah, OK.

The buttons will render horizontally if the column is wide enough, or stack vertically if it isn't.

However, normally your row content would be centered vertically, rather than having the button force that blank vertical space. So that's something to do with your site CSS. You could try using Firebug in Firefox, to identify which CSS class is causing that.

Alternatively you could create a custom CSS for your list, which sets the min-width on the fabrik-actions td, so it's wide enough for the buttons to render horizontally.

As mentioned, I can't really help with the CSS unless I can get at your page.

-- hugh

I use a Joomla template called "rt_afterburner". The first line of this template is the following :

html,body,div,span,applet,object,iframe,h1,h2,h3,h4,h5,h6,blockquote,pre,a,abbr,acronym,address,big,cite,code,del,dfn,font,img,ins,kbd,q,s,samp,small,strike,sub,sup,tt,var,center,dl,dt,dd,ul,li,fieldset,form,label,legend,table,caption,tbody,tfoot,thead,tr,th,td {background:transparent;border:0;font-family:inherit;font-size:100%;font-style:inherit;font-weight:inherit;margin:0;padding:0;outline:0;vertical-align:baseline;}

I just added : td {vertical-align:middle;} after this first line and it works fine.

Thanks again Cheesegrits

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back