1. Hugh is now back at work, more or less full time, after a slower than expected recovery from his neck surgery early this month. Obviously we have a backlog of support to clear, and are working as hard as we can to take care of it. If you have an unanswered thread more than 3 days old, please post one (and only one) "bump" on it, to move it in to our "last 3 days" list. If you have an unanswered issue in a forum you no longer have access to due to subscriptions timing out, please use the Contact Us form, and provide us with the URL to the thread.

Thumb in table Full size in form Feature Request Pending since April 2009

Discussion in 'Standard Support' started by deepakdhingra, Jul 30, 2010.

1. deepakdhingra Member

Level: Community
    Olleka a member had in this thread here - http://fabrikar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10297 - had asked

"Is it possible that we can have a thumbnail in the table view. And then show full size image when we go to the details page/form page?

All there is now is thumbnails allover."

Then, in the same thread, Toddski had this to say,

"This makes sense to me....show the thumbnail if available in the table view and show it full size when in detail/form view. Or at least have these as configurable options for the file upload element.

Table View
    Show thumbnail (YES) (NO)

Detail View (read only)
    Show Thumbnail (YES) (NO)

Form View
    Show Thumbnail (YES) (NO)

Or something like....

Table View
    Show (thumbnail) (full size) (none)

Detail View (read only)

Form View

But I vote for this as something to consider adding sooner rather than later.
    Todd"

Its now nearly August 2010. And these are basic features that can be implemented. Could someone do something about this please?

Everywhere in the world its just as simple. One sees a thumbnail in a table and views the larger image in detail view.

In that same thread Servantek managed to do something which served the purpose but screwed up other file upload elements and the lightbox as my reply over there indicates.

Is it possible to do it like Toddski asked? Or just shows thumbs in table and full image in detailview, with lightbox functioning the way it should (showing the entire image)? Right now, thumbnail shows the same size in both the table and the detailview and lightbox shows the display size. Whereas it should have been (this is my wishlist)

1. Display image should show in form/detailview with size specifications
    2. Thumbnail (with size specifications) should show in table/form/detailview when required.
    3. Lightbox should show the image in its original size.

Whatever is easier for you guys to do.

Thanks

Deepak.

P.S. I had to create this new thread here in the bronze section only because the original thread in the feature requests was gathering dust since ages.
  2. deepakdhingra Member

This is hat Hugh had said in the year 2007 in this thread - http://fabrikar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5947&highlight=thumbnail size

"I just like to have a three tiered setup ... thumbnail used in table view, optionally either brings up lightbox of 'medium' image, or links to details page with 'medium' (standard sized) image, which then lightboxes the full size image.

-- hugh"

Hugh and Rob,

Can you please look into this. I am sure it must be a trivial affair to do this. Or atleast if you guys can tell me where to hard code the thumbnail size, for this project I can do that.

Thank you.

Deepak
  3. cheesegrits Support Gopher

I think Rob may have done this in rev# 3748. At least, added an option for thumb/full image in form/detail view.

-- hugh
  4. rob Administrator

yes i did this earlier this week :)

-Rob
  5. deepakdhingra Member

Rob,

Some suggestions on those marvellous changes you made. I have updated the original thread heer - http://fabrikar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10297&page=3

Please see if you can do this. I am sure it may be a half an hour thing for you but a very important thing for me. I have been trying to get the casting site up for the past 6 months now. And this is a very important feature of that site.

Thanks.

Deepak