1. The 3.8 code for Fabrik is now available on github, in the 'master' branch. If you are familiar with updating Fabrik from github, we would appreciate it if you could test this code on J! 3.8 for us. Once we have some feedback, we'll build a 3.8 release.

Timeline plugin implementation empty image

Discussion in 'Community' started by molcomp, May 18, 2017.

1. molcomp

molcomp New Member

Level: Community
    Hi everyone,

Its been a while since I worked with Fabrik and I am a little bit rusty. I appreciate if anyone can help me out with setting up the timeline plugin. I have created one list with fields task name , date start and date end. I created the timeline visualisation and I have set it up to show in the front. However on loading I get only empty screen saying loaded 2 (which I guess the 2 are the two records that I entered ) . I am not sure what am I doing wrong so any help very much appreciated.

Thanx
    Alex

2. fabrikg09

fabrikg09 Member

Level: Standard
    I have never worked with the Timeline vis before, and I can't get it to output anything except an empty screen, either...

If you go into List and click on View Data, do you see your data? FWIW, I can see my data fine (it was imported from a CSV file), but cannot get the Timline to show anything on the page.

3. molcomp

molcomp New Member

Thank you for your comment. Yes I can see the data with no problem when I click view data. I have just two records for testing. Its very simple setup as I said not sure whats the catch.

Alex

4. troester

troester Well-Known Member Staff Member

I don't know exactly what to expect in this viz;)

But I just tested, it's working (out of the box; there are notices in the console log about "...The network request for this script MAY be blocked ..." but no error)
    Make sure you have something added in Bands/Bands(Select).
    BTW: Label must be a standard placeholder {table___element}, not {table.element} as it is inserted via the "Add" button

5. molcomp

molcomp New Member

Hello

Thanks troester for the hint. Yes it works after you add Band. Just I could not read this anywhere :). I have a problem now with the timeline scale at the bottom. I have selected for Band to be Day and now the scale at the bottom does not shrinks the date properly its a bit messy. I attached the photo to be seen. But now I am one step further so thank you again.

Attached Files:

6. troester

troester Well-Known Member Staff Member

It's ok on my site.
    I assume your Joomla template is setting some big font size (and timeline seems to use a fix 50px event slot).
    You can try to add custom CSS
    .timeline-horizontal .timeline-date-label { font-size: 13px;
    }
    Yup, the timeline WIKI seems to be pretty outdated